Using Tring for showing 3pm football in a pub

tulsa123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tring
My Location
midlands
Advice needed please. After viasat stopped all football games we are struggling to find a system to continue with at our public house, it has been suggested that we install Tring and I would appreciate any advice regarding the legalities and quality of this system, many thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Tring is an Albanian package, and not in the EU. You would be on a very sticky wicket legally, if you had that installed.

Last time I saw tring in action on a game, the picture quality was none too good, a bit blocky, looked like a low bit rate Internet stream on a big Telly.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Regarding the 3pms Tring has been very erratic in recent months - there are loads of reports of games not being shown on many cards.

tulsa123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tring
My Location
midlands
isn't tring the only system showing 3pm games though now? any other suggestions?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Most of the European providers still show one 3pm game - its the multiple games that have been blocked

mrichbell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
My Location
essex
hi has anyone had any experience using tring so far this season? if so good/bad?

thanks

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Heres an interesting read from May this year

It says "residential viewing cards" but I bet they`re after the 3pm-ers too

Sky pays gasmen to spy on pubs

A Sky spokesman said: "Sky's committed to protecting the interests of its legitimate commercial customers. Sky therefore employs a number of companies, including G4S, to visit pubs across the UK to help identify pubs who use residential viewing cards in breach of their Sky contract. Those premises found to be accessing Sky unlawfully may be subject to legal action - much in the same way as they would if they didn't have a TV licence."

_www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9696731.Sky_pays_gasmen_to_spy_on_pubs/