rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
I want to run two DM-500s at the same time, in the same room. It's just a matter of space. I'd get two remotes, but they'd both be on the same frequency and I can imagine what would happen.

I know that if I use DCC there is a "virtual remote control" and I should be able to control each DM-500 from here, but I am sure I'll need a physical remote from time to time.

I have downloaded a script that enables the DM500 to be controlled with a DM7000 remote, but I don't have a DM7000 any more: sold it on rumours of a DM-7025 :D but I am unsure how this script works - could I use it on one DM500 and the supplied remote on the other.

If anybody can help on this I'd appreciate it. I have asked DMM.de but they give me the Germanic equivalent of the Gallic shrug.

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
rhubarb said:
I want to run two DM-500s at the same time, in the same room. It's just a matter of space. I'd get two remotes, but they'd both be on the same frequency and I can imagine what would happen.

Try with an RF remote extender. This is a two pieces device the transmitter and the receiver. The transmitter receives the signal from the remote control and transmits it in another format(Radio signal). The receiver then receives the signal and converts it back to infrared signal. You have to set the receiver facing the device you want to operate. This device costs around 30 pounds.

If you place your boxes facing opposite directions the one facing front (to be operated with the remote control directly) and the other one facing backwards (to be operated with the RF remote extender) and place the transmitter somewhere in the room away from the boxes then when you point to the box facing front you send the signal to that box and when you point to the transmitter you send the signal to the other box facing backwards.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Yes, thanks very much. That would work, I think. There's an XML file called rcdm5xxx.xml that if you place in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/
then reboot the 500 will now work with a 7000s remote (so I read).

Zip file attached.

Questions is: would that enable me to use a dm7000 remote on one dm500, and the dm-500 remote on the other dm500?

Would it interfere with my dm7020 remote?

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
When i got my 7000 and before i sell my 5620 both remotes were working on both boxes so i guess it will happen the same thing with your 500s

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Hmm. I haven't got them yet. I'm just doing a bit of investigation to make sure I don't buy the wrong kit.

I suppose, that if I wanted to use one for viewing and the other just to record over CIFS, then I could blank off the IR port with a bit of aluminium tape and just use DCC and the virtual keyboard to control dm500 #2.

Or I could use your remote RF extender but I don't really want to look at the back of one of the dm500s, and how do you explain somehting like that to the wife?

It's made worse by the fact I'd like to buy a DM-500T as well to have a play with that.

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
rhubarb said:
but I don't really want to look at the back of one of the dm500s, and how do you explain somehting like that to the wife?

True!!!!!!!

slayter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr Dish
Guys
Sorry to jump in on your thread but I just wanted to give you my findings on the remote patch that makes a 7000S remote work on a 500S.

At the moment i can only get this patch file to work on one image which is PLi Amber. Every single other image I've tried (Gemini, Hydra etc) gives a fatal error message when booting up (after you've FTP'd the file to the box)

If anyone does get this file to work on other images I would love to hear from them.

Cheers

Slayter

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Yes, I have a thread running on satindustry about this. That file, moddedremote.zip and its .xml file crashes my dm-500T with a fatal error too, so I gave up with it.

Thread is here:

h**p://sat-industry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13675