chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Can anyone recommend a good quality van alarm for a Citroen Berlingo van ?

After somebody attempted to break in to one of our vans last by using a crowbar on the passenger door leaving a gap bigger enough to fit your hand through. They did not get in but it left us with around £500 worth of damage to repair, We dont leave any tools in the vans overnight but they still try their luck which leaves us with a big repair bill.

So I'm looking to get our 2 vans alarmed up with possible proximity so if anyone even approches the vans while they are on the drive overnight the alarm will trigger.

Chris.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Get a thatcham immobilizer and leave the thing unlocked. I have a friend who has had his car broken into a few times in London and refuses to lock it anymore.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I've seriously thought about doing that but the vans are only 6 months old and i'm worried they would be used as a toilet or they would just get damaged.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Folks dont seem to take much notice of alarms-certainly never fit any at my garage.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
How do you like the Berlingo? I'm picking one up tomorrow.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
MagnaVolt it is then !

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Just be glad it's not a Transit and those stupid Ford locks that you can pop just by looking at them... :-nuts

But, surely your insurance should cover the damage, seeing that's what it's for, unless it's one of those co's that pays people solely to find ways out of paying up... :confused

Anyway, as for security, park it where you have CCTV aimed at the van (or have it stored in a secure garage), and if possible, get a system that sends a text or calls you when someone attempts to break into it so you can catch the b***ers in the act... :)

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Insurance excess is £500 plus loss of no claims so need decide if I just pay direct depends on the cost of a new passenger door for a berlingo van.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
chris said:
depends on the cost of a new passenger door for a berlingo van.
Between £40 to 80 on ebay, probably a tad less from a local scrappy, if they haven't been killed off... :)

EDIT:
Not including a tin of paint to match, of course... O-Ha

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Just had the tailgate done on my daughter's Peugeot 206. A second hand tailgate, matched and painted cost £300. I would imagine a door would be somewhat similar.