var 97 percent full ?

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
I thought i cracked my sticking dm problem by mounting my hardrive but after a few days i had a nasty message which said 97 percent full in var ,can anyone tell me why ,does this mean that it is using my hardrive for some bits and the dm memory for another ,reply would be g8 rhurbarb

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I had the same problem, but couldn't remember how to move var across to the USB stick, I seem to have solved the problem by going into Hydra control panel, then addon setup and Setup addons to USB stick, in your case hard drive.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
im so sorry sounding simple but you can put everything on your hardrive then? .i also have a usb stick if that is a better option rolf, with thanks rhurbarb
rolfw said:
I had the same problem, but couldn't remember how to move var across to the USB stick, I seem to have solved the problem by going into Hydra control panel, then addon setup and Setup addons to USB stick, in your case hard drive.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the USB stick is better, as the DB doesn't have to work the hard drive to see the addons.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
ok rolf il try that what is the newest newcam by the way is it 5.28? cheers rhurbarb

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Both,

Why not multiboot (USB/HDD/NFS) using FlashWizard it's sooooooo much easier and safer and convenient and.......??????

73 & good luck.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Td i got flash wizard ,explain that again lol m8 cheers rhurbarb
td03-5 said:
Hi Both,

Why not multiboot (USB/HDD/NFS) using FlashWizard it's sooooooo much easier and safer and convenient and.......??????

73 & good luck.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi rhurbard,

Right, here goes, this is what I'm running at the moment and it works fine for me. (You can put images on your HDD instead if you wish).

1. Using FlashWizard 5.0, install un-modified image '1.09 beta CVS 11/02' in DB internal flash memory. (Enter setup info and sat scan or upload saved settings from a 1.08 image).
2. Plug USB memory stick (128MB to 512M:cool: into DB USB port. (Not for HDD)
3. Format and mount the USB mem stick either from the flash image (can be best for first time format) or with FlashWizard 5.0. (Not for HDD)
4. Select 'Install Image to Multiboot' on FW5.0 and let it install the 'Multiboot menu' on the DB.
5. Click the folder icon in 'Install Image to Multiboot' and browse to your first 'modified' 1.09 image (Hydra Phoenix, Gemini 106, DBF Revolutions 3.1 or W.H.Y).
6. Follow prompts to 'Name' and install the image to USB (or HDD/NFS).
7. Close FW and reboot DB.
8. You will see the multiboot menu on TV screen as DB boots. Use Up/Down on remote to highlight required image and OK to boot that image. Within a short time it will boot to default image if you take no action.
9. With your multiboot image running you can download emus etc as normal but with loads of /var space! (Settings will already be there copied from the fash image by FW5.0 so no setup to do just straight in to use image!).
10. Start FW5.0 and add another image to USB (or HDD/NFS) multiboot whenever you want!

NB.
a. Once you are using multiboot you do not do 'flash erase' after installing images.
b. If a multiboot image freezes or fails to run properly and a reboot to the same image does not cure the problem. Then reboot to a known working image and use FW5.0 to remove the problem image (sometimes a re-install of that image sorts out a problem multiboot image). No need for the null modem cable!

It's easy, give it a try.

Lets know how you get on?

73 & good luck.