Various issues....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trek

Hi,

I have inherited a Pace Msp200 and an SMR-90U dish motor, along with a Pace Mss1000 reciever and a Pace D55 d2mac decoder (all very nice a few years ago). What I would like to know is:

will the MSp200 positioner be any use when I purchase say, a Humax 5400? I am told these come with disceq software - can this run my dish motor (which uses 4 core wire)? Are there any digtal patchable receivers that can run a 4 core wire dish mount?

Which is the best digital (Allcam patchable :) ) box to get at the moment? I have read that the Humax is very good - hence my next purchase, however I thought I would post here first to see if anyone has any feedback?

I have a cambridge Juno II AE6 LNB, and am not sure whether this is capeable of receiving both digital and analogue signals? Also, which type of LNB would be best to go for, given that I would like to recieve digital signals on the humax and analogue signals on the pace, on a moveable dish (phew!). Almost would be better to buy a combined digi and analogue reciever - but I already have the pace and want to do this relatively cheaply. would a twin output universal LNB be the thing I am after??

and the final question ( which I notice was asked in aug '00 but with no reply) - does anyone have, or know where I can get a manual for the MSP200 positioner - since there ain't much on the web anymore and I am doing things by trial and error at the moment.

If anyone has any helpful thoughts on what I am trying to achieve (as many channels as possible!) please let me know.

Any help appreciated.

Trek

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can answer a small amount of your question Trek, the twin universal setup will work fine, I set one up just recently for a friend. When you find a bit more cash and want to dispense with the Pace, you can always buy a DiseqC to four wire converter, there is a post about them somewhere.

As for the choice of receiver, there is the Humax as you mention, the Hyundai ir1000 is also a good receiver, I'm sure there are many other favourites out there, but if you're looking for performance within a tight budget, you are slightly more limited.

Rolf

T

trek

Thanks - didn't know there was a converter available... I think I'll get one of those and dispose of the pace - although I have just spent the last 4 hours successfully figuring out how to set the east and west limits on the damn thing! I am going to (try) to install this motorised system myself... (he he) so I think I'll use the pace just to get it going and see if the dish is pointing in the right place (with a signal meter). If I can make a reasonable analogue installation (with a twin output universal LN:cool:, will I be able to stick a digital reciever on the end and then just use the positioner to pick up the various digital signals without completely realigning it again? Or is the digital installation really nasty and should I just pay for the whole install!!?

again, any help greatly appreciated

Trek

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well Trek, as this is a hobby Forum most people will say have a go yourself, it's not easy and very frustrating at times, but very satisfying in the end. The main criteria for getting it right are discussed in a couple of threads in some detail.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Of course have a go yourself

But if you are in the least unsure about heights, get someone competent to go up the ladder

Dont do a Rod Hull !

Doodler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I had a similar query (but I posted in wrong conference) and it looks like I need a DiseqC to 4-wire converter too to drive my conventional motor from a Nokia 9800 (and throw away my Echostar 8700). Anyway having done a search I note from an old thread that Channel Hopper was going to experiment with an Aston or similar. I am wondering whether you had success with this, Channel Hopper, and whether you have any advice to offer on the subject?Doodler

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Been testing two versions. The Aston and a Korean OEM design

There are advantages with this sytem but they need to function with a digital receiver with the correct protocol (many variants that are supposedly DiSEqC compatible are not )

In essence if the Nokia has an upgrade to DiSEqC 1.2 then you should go for the add on unit. The only thing that needs doing once a week or so is to re align the dish using the reset function

I would keep the Pace positioner just in case you want to experiment later with inclined orbit satellites and a second motor (the positioner module was probably the only thing decent to come out of Pace)

Grifta

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace msp200 & Philips offset dish 90 cm decoder turning up on Tuesday
My Location
Andover Hants
If if the position of was so great how come no one has got the instructions for it anymore yet everyone seems to have all these old positioners is lying around

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
^^^^^^

This Thread was last active Sixteen Years ago!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.