VBox numbering

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
TBH, I don't understand why you need to number satellites in the V box when all satellites positions are in your receiver ?, will someone please explain your reasons.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I have 3 receivers controlling the same dish. 1x Vu+, 1x F15 and 1x TBS card - I need to be able to put in all the VBox positions into each of those so that positioning is automatic. I also have a Viasat and Magtisat receivers which don't have DiSEqC options (OK, the Viasat does but it's DiSEqC 1.0 only), so I need to drive the dish to 5e and 31.5e manually without having to refer to written information...

Also, if I was to reset any of the receivers, I would need to know which corresponding Vbox positions go to what satellite.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I also write down those numbers, but do not do special formula to find out missing position, do it very approximate like 4-5 kliks is ~1*. This piece of paper my working document and it is always on the table. Sometimes, when I add additional satellite I just dedicate another number, for example how it happened with 93,5*E, 70*E, 52*E and 21,5*E. The last column on my paper is about satellites also receivable from fixed antennas (numbers are representing Diseqc 1/10 ports).

Attachments

• IMG_20170405_175844 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_20170405_175844 (Custom).jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 11

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Thanks i see, as mentioned I use more than one receiver but use one as positioning reference only, reason I don't scan anything in on the positioning receiver, I was fed up of having to factory reset and loosing all positions,

Leaving it for positioning only ive not had to factory reset for a few years now, just needed to move everything back into place after our move,

The ASC1 should be with me soon guess things will change for me with this new positioner.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Looks like everyone has their own methods - thanks all. Will have a ponder - perhaps a mix of various ones will be better than my current.