vbox setup with diseqc 1.2 receiver

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
looking to get the above setup once i get my jaeger 1224 motor next week and was wondering how it works

as i've not used diseqc 1.2 before

once the dish is on 1west and bolts locked up, i scan in 1west and then have to search for the rest of the satellites ?

i've had a look at the diseqc 1.2 screen on my receiver but how would you know if i'd found 5east for example when tracking the east sats?

do you just have to go by the signal level on the receiver and scan once its the best signal found ?

also i'm buying a satlook micro meter so could i some how use this to help to install it or would the meter need to go through the vbox to move the dish as then i could check which sats i'd found via the meter

also i already have satellites stored on my receiver that i'm going to use with it so i could just switch in the menu to diseqc 1.2 and recalculate on 1west and then not have the messing around of setting up the satellites ?

thanks in advance for any help with this

wod

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello Wod!
i also have the smr 1224
point and optimeize your dish,to the highest sothern satelite,here in austria it is hotbird or 10 east!
when,signal is good,normaly,all other satelites ,should work well!

dont have vbox @ the moment,i ordered the new vbox 3,should get next week then i can tell more,if your reveiver ,supporting usals,then,type in your cordinates,and vbox to the rest,when motorsetup installed right!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just find them manually wod, you can probably use the receiver loopthrough to feed the meter.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
so switching the reciever to diseqc 1.2 from usals and using currently installed satellites is a bad idea ?

once i have the dish on 1west and do that recalculate to adjust all the other positions ?

as its going to take time to setup the dish 42e-30west

turok, what this new vbox 3 support usals ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not sure whether the USALs settings will work, but I guess that you can try it. At the end of the day, it may take an hour to set up the other satellites, but you should only have to do it once.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
yeah i will try it but not looking to use usals as never liked it really due to it messing my tm9100 up

just cant wait to get it and the meter as it will save me time