VCD and DVD recorders

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I used to use VCDs for playing back and perfect pausing before I could afford a DVD recorder.

Ha, and that's a joke. My first DVD recorder cost me £600. It was a Phillips, about the size of a Sanyo Betamax. I still have it but it's been plagued by faults.:mad:

Now, you can get DVD recorders for as little as £60.:eek:O-no

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Saturlight said:
I used to use VCDs for playing back and perfect pausing before I could afford a DVD recorder.

Ha, and that's a joke. My first DVD recorder cost me £600. It was a Phillips, about the size of a Sanyo Betamax. I still have it but it's been plagued by faults.:mad:

Now, you can get DVD recorders for as little as £60.:eek:O-no

I remember when I first saw a DVD-RW drive for PCs, it was bloody expensive!!! Now they're about £30 a pop!!! :eek:

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Yeah, mine cost a lot and it was a bag of shat! :D

I suppose we're often mugs when new technology comes out. I now wait. That first DVD recorder was a big mistake. :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Saturlight said:
Yeah, mine cost a lot and it was a bag of shat! :D

I suppose we're often mugs when new technology comes out. I now wait. That first DVD recorder was a big mistake. :(

Yep, it's always best to wait until technology has had time to develop (and depreciate in value!!! :D ) before delving into your wallet.... ;)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
That's why I am holding back with the HDD recorders. :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Saturlight said:
That's why I am holding back with the HDD recorders. :D

Same here, although I am trying to put together a Nokia 780ITX HTPC, just need a hard drive and a tuner of somesort, aswell as an operating system... :D