Very Important to all members !!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I carried out one of our very rare mailings last night to 1,500 established and active members, of these Emails, one third were bounced with invalid Email addresses.

These members have all been automatically changed to "User Awaiting confirmation of Email address" and then after 30 days will be deleted by a vBulletin scheduled task, unless the user logs in and changes his Email address and confirms it.

We don't send out Emails very often and even then only to members who have agreed to receive them, but when members either bounce our mail or do not keep their addresses up to date, we get flagged up as a spammer and this we don't want.

So please all members look at your registered Email address and check that it is valid, otherwise don't be surprised if the word "Guest" appears under your name and you have to register again and start from scratch.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I havent received the email. You better not delete my account Rolf! Why have´nt I recieved it? My email address is correct, as i always get notification when i receive a private message...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look in your junk mail folder.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
It ain´t in there unless you sent it under the name of sexy suzan. I´ll double check my email address in the CP section, give us a sec...

Nope, my email address is correct under the CP Rolf... any ideas?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They may still be going out, as I'm getting a stream of Mail Delivery System notifications through still. :)

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Ok, i´ll give it a few hours.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like there may have been a subsequent problem with the outgoing mailserver, so apart from the first 500 or so, I don't reckon the others got past the gate. :)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
While on the subject,how come when i get email notification of a reply from a thread i have subscribed to,i often get double emails ???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know zorba, unfortunately I'm not too au fait with the inner workings of the vBulletin mailer, just know that it is less than perfect. :)

We may have to look for an alternative way of producing our occasional mailouts, as this one obviously doesn't work that well and also cripples the forum for half an hour or so while it merges the content with the user details.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
AlexBellisBrown said:
It ain´t in there unless you sent it under the name of sexy suzan.

Yep, that's the one Rolf uses for special occasions :-rofl2