Very poor reception 1.2m dish in Madrid

piratt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dell
My Location
BULGARIA
Hi snap,diameter on waveguide on invacom quad is 18.5mm or 19.5mm?On my invacom quad diameter is 19.5mm and on label cover no made in.... only CE my old invacom single write made in china what is different?

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Not sure I understand your question.
There is an issue with feedhorn diameter that Invacom have answered on their FAQ:

"Q I notice that the inside diameter of the waveguide on the SNF-031 is 18.5mm. My feed horn has a diameter of 19.5mm.

Is this 1mm change important?

A Yes it can be. The step will have little affect on the loss, however it can degrade the cross polar performance of the dish/LNB combination. If you are trying to receive weak signals from a satellite that also has strong signals, the cross polar isolation is important."

bgmcl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 , Topfield 4000 PVR
My Location
Bologna - Italia
Hi Snap,
i have decided to buy the invacom QUAD + andrew feedhorn for offset 1.2 Channel Master dish; but satellitesuperstore says "Please note that all Invacom LNBs are low output LNBs and work well on cable runs that are shorter than 20m. For longer cable runs it is best to use the Inverto type if the C120 flange type is needed. Both these
LNBs are high output and can drive a signal down much longer cables than the Invacom". My cable run is about 30m and is my intention to improve the ASTRA 2D reception from my location (Bologna IT); wich LNB do I have to go for: the invacom QUAD or the INVERTO?
Thanks in advance.