very sorry i have not been on for some time

S

satelliteman

hello to all

just thought i better tell you why i have not been on for some time
my dad has ntl borad band and ever time i try to log in to this forum it has not let me so i have been trying to get in touch with you but know e mail address but this now all over i have now sign up with aol my self and now can get back on this forum again so problem over but it would be nice to have an e mail address in case i have any problems again.
nice to be back
yours
satelliteman
i thought by now i would be canceled.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Satelliteman, no problem, obviously its nice to see everyone regularly, but its appreciated that not everyone has access all the time. The only accounts that are deleted are of those who abuse the forum or other members.

If your Father's computer won't let you log in, you probably need to OK cookies for this site.

The E-mail that should work is admin@satellites.co.uk.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 24-Jun-02 AT 10:32 PM (GMT)]>Hi Satelliteman, no problem, obviously its nice to see
>everyone regularly, but its appreciated that not everyone
>has access all the time. The only accounts that are deleted
>are of those who abuse the forum or other members.
>
>If your Father's computer won't let you log in, you probably
>need to OK cookies for this site.
>
>The E-mail that should work is admin@satellites.co.uk.
>
>Rolf

satelliteman

now i am quite sure i set it to take cookies but i will check that again
then try it from there thanks for the e mail address i will put that in my address book.
yours
satelliteman
its very nice to be back again i missed this forum a lot and i have missed you to rolf w we had some good threads going last time i was on board.

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-Jun-02 AT 12:31 PM (GMT)]hello to all

just tryed to login from my dads computer and have check the cookies is set to take all cookies so i think there my be a problems loging in on windows XP so i would ask all forums staff to check this out to see if there are any problems when your computer has windows xp on it beacuse i have tryed for some time to log in to this froum but to know luck at all but now i am back on my own computer with aol.

hope yopu will be able to tell me if there are any problems you not not even look at what people have posted on the forums
yours
satelliteman
not jokeing about this problem its realy there

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-Jun-02 AT 06:45 PM (GMT)]Couple of things to check Satelliteman, incidentally I use XP Pro and IE6 with no problems. Go into Tools/Internet Options/Privacy and allow this site by typing in the box and pressing allow. You shopuldn't have to allow all cookies to get it to work. Check that the site has not been excluded in the content monitor also.

Rolf

PS. Also check out in the advanced internet options that you have not disabled all scripting, you can be too safe and it may prevent certain sites from opening. A computer whiz ( I'm sure we have a couple on the forum) would probably be able to advise better on what are the best settings to balance security and usability.

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-Jun-02 AT 10:24 PM (GMT)]>Couple of things to check Satelliteman, incidentally I use
>XP Pro and IE6 with no problems. Go into Tools/Internet
>Options/Privacy and allow this site by typing in the box and
>pressing allow. You shopuldn't have to allow all cookies to
>get it to work. Check that the site has not been excluded in
>the content monitor also.
>
>Rolf
>
>PS. Also check out in the advanced internet options that
>you have not disabled all scripting, you can be too safe and
>it may prevent certain sites from opening. A computer whiz (
>I'm sure we have a couple on the forum) would probably be
>able to advise better on what are the best settings to
>balance security and usability.

satelliteman

now before i say any more to this i had better tell you this i have now been ordered off my dads computer now so i will have to try this when ever i can get on it it might be once a month or ever two months not sure when it will be but i will try it one day.

and thanks for your help on this rolf w i hope it can be sorted out
yours
satelliteman

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-Jun-02 AT 02:39 PM (GMT)]>Couple of things to check Satelliteman, incidentally I use
>XP Pro and IE6 with no problems. Go into Tools/Internet
>Options/Privacy and allow this site by typing in the box and
>pressing allow. You shopuldn't have to allow all cookies to
>get it to work. Check that the site has not been excluded in
>the content monitor also.
>
>Rolf
>
>PS. Also check out in the advanced internet options that
>you have not disabled all scripting, you can be too safe and
>it may prevent certain sites from opening. A computer whiz (
>I'm sure we have a couple on the forum) would probably be
>able to advise better on what are the best settings to
>balance security and usability.

satelliteman

tryed it this morning still know change but you cna now read the treads on the forum so get some where slow but still can not login from my dads computer cna i ask dose the box have to be tick to make it work i know think ther is much mor e that i can do
if you think of any think let me know.
yours
satelliteman

one good think i am back and makeing use of may account again
:+

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-Jul-02 AT 11:36 PM (GMT)]hello to all

i have found out why i could not login to this forum my dads computer has virus secruity on it and looking in to that it was blocking all cookies and i am doing this from my dad computer right now so problem sorted out my computer has gone back to the work shop it keeps throwing up errors so i am back on both computers now

so there can not be any problems with windows xp at all its just took some time to look at it and think about what was doing it

yours
satelliteman
so i am now very happy:7