viaccess 2 on embedded viaccess?

hussha1984

Reaction score
is it possible to use an old embedded viaccess slot for viaccess 2? is it possible to do this with a viaccess 2 cam?

If not, what is the likelihood of viaccess 2 being cracked anytime soon?

thank you in advance for your help.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hello hussha1984

What receiver are you talking about? It is possible you could upgrade the embedded slot over the air (OTA), or do you already have the latest software?

A viaccess 2 cam can only be used in a common interface.

No, I can't see viaccess being cracked anytime soon.

hussha1984

Reaction score
thanks jimbo,
ive got a humax va-fox which i believe is updateable by satellite so ill see how that goes.

incidentally, i am very new to this but i find this whole thing very interesting - why cant viaccess 2 be cracked? usaully with things like this the catchphrase is 'its only a matter of time' but its almost like with viaccess 2 everybody has already given up hope. what is it about the viaccess 2 that makes it so impenetrable? How is it any different from viaccess 1 or any of the other encryptions?

I only started reading up on this 3 days ago and im absolutely amazed at the stuff you learn from reading this forum for a few hours - my thanks to everybody who has ever posted anything on this site.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
1st generation encryptions seemed to have been fairly easy (relatively) to crack but 2nd generation are much more difficult. If a second gen were to be cracked (as S*eca 2 has), I believe it's more likely that codes have been released by an insider more than actually cracked by the old means.