Viaccess cam problem please help

Z

zoggy

I have an Viaccess cam and an Irdeto cam. When I have both inside my Echostar 3000 (Software100) only the Viaccess works but not the Irdeto. Every time I want to watch something in Irdeto I have to pull out the Viaccess cam for the Irdeto to work. have tried changing it from CI slot1 to 2 but no joy. The Viaccess takes over and will not let the Irdeto decode the channel. The channel I am watching is decoded in symulcrypt ie. it works with both but my card only works in the Irdeto cam.
Is there any way around this. I am fed up getting up all the time just to push in the cam or take it out. The reciever was not cheap and is supposed to be one of the best once on the market. Or is it a cam problem ie. software. Please help

Thanks

Zoggy

jimmi

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
when channel is encrypted in two systems, and you have both CI inside your box, the system gets problem very often. my problem is solved by pulling out the card, and not the CAM. e.g. if i am watching SCT, which is in viaccess now, and i have an irdeto card in irdeto cam, there will be no picture. as my viaccess card is working for SCT, i just pull out the irdeto card from irdeto cam, and it works.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I'd also strongly suggest you update your software! v100 is extinct... we're up to v600/700 now.... and some improvements have been made in the meantime which affect CAM workings.

In any event, don't you want the many new functions that the current software offers??

2old