Viaccess cards in Dragon Cam

whizzwilly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600 IP, 1m dish, 0.3 lnb, 36v Jaegar H-H mount, Dragon Cam 4, dynamite programmer, Dell Dimension 8400 3Mhz 160Gb
My Location
Rochdale
My friend has just purchased a Technomate 1500 CI+ and a dragon cam 3.01

He has also bought an official 4+ Card ( Sexview, DPTV, 247sex, Sexview+ ) viaccess version but can't get the card to work in either the so called multi crypt card slot or in the dragon cam.

I was under the impression that the dragon cam would be able to act as a viaccess cam and therefore accept his card but this doesn't seem to be the case or am i doing something wrong ? Could any member shed any light on why the card won't work in the card reader slot and also why it doesn't work when placed in the dragon cam.

As the Technomate CI+ has only one CI slot I have told him to exchange it for the 1600 2CI model which he could then buy a separate viaccess cam and use one slot for the dragon and one for the viaccess cam which could be used to put any viaccess cards he buys. Am i right in saying this or is there a way to make the dragon cam act as a true viaccess cam ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

cableman

Reaction score
I would excpect it to work if you have pred.311, which D.C. Support page states is good for Viaccess2. I use a R*d l*ght Via2 card in my dragon V3.02 with pred311 without any problem.

cableman

Reaction score
To my last post I should add that my dragon is in a TM5500ci super (not patched).

Treworder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP Plus
Dynamite Prog.
Dragon Cam & loader Card
1m Motorised Dish
Windows ME
I have a dragon 4.1 twin cam with 4+viaccess using on a Technomate 5500-CIP+ & this worked OK with both predator 310 & 311

whizzwilly said:
My friend has just purchased a Technomate 1500 CI+ and a dragon cam 3.01

He has also bought an official 4+ Card ( Sexview, DPTV, 247sex, Sexview+ ) viaccess version but can't get the card to work in either the so called multi crypt card slot or in the dragon cam.

I was under the impression that the dragon cam would be able to act as a viaccess cam and therefore accept his card but this doesn't seem to be the case or am i doing something wrong ? Could any member shed any light on why the card won't work in the card reader slot and also why it doesn't work when placed in the dragon cam.

As the Technomate CI+ has only one CI slot I have told him to exchange it for the 1600 2CI model which he could then buy a separate viaccess cam and use one slot for the dragon and one for the viaccess cam which could be used to put any viaccess cards he buys. Am i right in saying this or is there a way to make the dragon cam act as a true viaccess cam ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks