Viaccess2 and EchostarDSB2200 2ci Via

cableman

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying this receiver which has viaccess V1.1 embedded. Can anyone tell me if this will work with Viaccess 2 cards? It might seem a silly question but I am confused as I have a recently upgraded Via Red cam V1.0 v4.84 application V1.08.003 and this does work for Viaccess 2. Can anyone resolve my confusion. I have asked the vendor but they don't know. Thanks. Cableman.

gov400

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s
Gibertini OP120 Dish
STAB HH120 MOTOR
My Location
London
usually mate recievers with embedded viaccess have compatibility with via 2 cards. My mondeal viaccess 1 reciever works with the ART card fine.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
If you go to the Echostar International site http://www.echostar-int.com/ and look at Support -> FAQ -> FAQ Technical Questions it deals with this point:

"Problem

"Is my receiver Viaccess 2 ready?

"Cause

"Answer

"EchoStar provides a software upgrade to make your receiver Viaccess 2 ready. Please download the latest software as available for your receiver from the Download Area. or from the satellite (OTA Information Area). "

cableman

Reaction score
Thank you both very much for your replies. I've gone ahead and bought my (second-hand) dsb2200ci via. Look forward to receiving it later this week,I hope. Cableman

My current gear; Technomate 5500ci super, Dragon cam, Dynamite +fun7, Zeta Blue, Gold card.