Viasat

englishman64

Reaction score
I have a Humaz 5400z and a 1 m dish
Since the demise of the Kiosque channels i am realying on TV1000 and ticket channels on the Viasat to get movies.
The thing is the picture is very iffy.
I am assuming that the 1m dish isnt quiet up to the job but in the summer I could get these channels ok from say 10am to 7pm before the picture got worse.
I assume the weather plays a part in the quality of picture you get but does the picture deteriate in the winter (even if its a clear sunny day ?)
Cheers

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Since you are talking about a difference of 3 to six months, anything could have happened

I take it

1) you have verified the dish is as well positioned on the satellite as before, both in movement East West AND elevation
2) There has been no degredation of the reception as a result of dirt on the feed, spiders webs (or even spiders), squirrel nut storage and / or other debris
3) Water ingress, in the cable/ connector and or LNB
4) Any outside interference from other sources, trees, bushes or washing on the line
5) Other sources of microwave interference

Once you have verified the above then there are the questions of
6) LNB stability and possible fall off in performance
7) As above but with the receiver tuner/demod section

Then again I did submit my theory of the movement of the Astra2 satellite to this forum some six months ago, but it should be relevant to the Sirius group as well

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin...threadid=2496&highlight=satellite+AND+perigee

, which seemed to fit the pattern of periodical loss on a daily basis. There is quite possible an additional annual anomaly that fits in with normal Kepler motion elements of a man made satellite that are at play here

Then again maybe the satellite provider has turned down the signal to ensure small dish owners in the UK continue to lose programmes that are funded by official subscriptions from Scandinavia

englishman64

Reaction score
OK Channel Hopper.
I just wondered if there is a general degradation in signal in the winter months or not.
If there is not then I will check out the other things you recommend

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
As mentioned earlier

There is quite possible an additional annual anomaly that fits in with normal Kepler motion elements of a man made satellite that are at play here