Videocrypt revival

O

orizatriznyak

My Satellite Setup
Vu+Duo2+T90
My Location
Budapest,Hungary
I just got my decoder back. I get "THIS CHANNEL IS EXPIRED" message with the card I have posted above. It looks like this card is deactivated.
But I also got this other blue coloured Multichoice card:

MultiChoice_Smartcard.jpg

My VC200 decoder works with this blue card so it is not reprogrammed (or reprogrammed as a pirate card) as my other blue card. But white cut-points are visible and the colour doesn't look nice at all.

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
If you run HackTV at 14MHz, it will look fine. Add flag -s 14000000 to your command line.

O

orizatriznyak

My Satellite Setup
Vu+Duo2+T90
My Location
Budapest,Hungary
I am sorry I forgot this. Now it looks nearly perfect, but the white dots are still there.
Also my decoder loses lock for about a half of a second on every 20-30 second. Some of these cases I also get "incorrect card" message on the screen. This comes more often at 14MHz as I see.
Which channel and year are these ecm datas come from?

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hm interesting. It came from Discovery - I think 1996. At the least the original ECMs. They are generated randomly on the fly, however, it looks like there's some bug there somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't have an official card to troubleshoot (unless you're willing to let me borrow yours). I should also be able to modify the stream to let it work with your 'expired' card - it's just a date that it checks.

I wonder if random bytes are causing some additional executions within the card - these are called nanos.

It works perfect with my 'unofficial' card so there are probably some bytes that it doesn't check.

For locking issue, can you try running it in free mode to see if it's the conditional access mode causing this or something else.

For white dots - not sure. Can you do a capture of what's happening? You could potentially mitigate this by adjusting the value of VC_OVERLAP on line 38 in videocrypt.h file.

O

orizatriznyak

My Satellite Setup
Vu+Duo2+T90
My Location
Budapest,Hungary
I will check and try it again and I will also capture the issue soon.
Unfortunately I don't have a capture card so I can only record it with my phone.

O

orizatriznyak

My Satellite Setup
Vu+Duo2+T90
My Location
Budapest,Hungary
This lock problem is not there in free mode. But there is a bigger problem right now. Now I am getting "THIS CARD IS BLOCKED" message with my blue card. :-(

These were the final seconds of my blue card I have recorded. You can see the lock issue on this video:

I set VC_OVERLAP to 19. No cut-points are visible anymore but the picture looks still quite noisy. It looks like I can faintly see the original scrambled picture under the decrypted one as well. Might this be a decoder issue?

Last edited:
Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Ouch.. I did have that with my Sky cards but it was a matter of modifying the ECM stream. Wonder what caused it?

O

orizatriznyak

My Satellite Setup
Vu+Duo2+T90
My Location
Budapest,Hungary
If you or Phil doesn't know what happened nobody knows it. You are the experts of this. Maybe I should call the customer service... :)

Last edited: