PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Take a look at http://www.satellitproffsen.com/detailes/detailes.asp?art_nr=144321 to see what evryone thought would never be produced.

I suspect that it won't be the UK version of Videoguard though, as there appear to be several variants. It's also not cheap

It might be the beginning of the breakthrough though.

PaulR

Thanks to the Skybusters site for this link.

lazydave

Reaction score
My Location
Aalborg, Denmark
Wow, ~£300!! :eek: According to their site, this company has exclusive rights to distribute the CAM (in Sweden, I would guess.) Apparently it is in-stock!

Even though Viasat is using a "non-hardware-married" version of the encryption, it would be very O-Ha interesting to see what would happen with a Sky card in the slot!! Someone care to try? :)

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
It would be interesting, but for 300 quid!! christ!

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
Isn't that the NDS CAM for Cable TV? It certainly looks like it is.

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
Does this mean I get get rid of my crappy digibox, and have one box under the TV?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No probably not mate. :)

philip24

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
But it will be useful for Sky Italia. Which does have a lot of films available in English, plus sport. I think Sky Italia won't be allowed to do clients up like a kipper, as Sky, same company, have done in the U.K.

Loads of dickheads just swallowed the drivel spurned out, without any real alternative. If the EU serves this purpose, then at least, it will have got one thing right.

T

theReindeer

I think it's specific for the Swedish Viasat on Sirius 5.0°E and not compatible with
other N*S systems.

On top of n*s.host.sk someone uploaded a Viasat pre-cam log file with an
abusive name. BTW, I did'nt make the upload, so it's not my fault :rolleyes:

The package length is constantly 0xBC (188 dec).
I dumped the binary with the xxd.exe (from the gvim package) to a precam_log.txt

Supposed that it's legit, what strikes me, is that for ECM's (postcam D1/48 40 ...)
the 7F nano (video key adjustment) is not followed by the usual:
  • nano 09 xx xx xx (key selecet and ASIC initialisation)
  • nano 01 xx xx xx xx (date and time)
but by a D6 byte :confused
The nanos: 02 (rating byte) and 03 (channel id) are in line again, but 09 is totally missing
and the 01 class byte seems to be double (01 01). So this may be a strong indication that this
CAM serves a single purpose only.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
philip24 said:
But it will be useful for Sky Italia. Which does have a lot of films available in English, plus sport. I think Sky Italia won't be allowed to do clients up like a kipper, as Sky, same company, have done in the U.K.

Loads of dickheads just swallowed the drivel spurned out, without any real alternative. If the EU serves this purpose, then at least, it will have got one thing right.

Hi Phillip24
Its a bit strange with SKY Italia at the moment,my local guy has been telling me that they will change out there subscribers with SECA boxes for free Digiboxes with NDS,as SECA is being continually hacked.
I have just received from SKY Italia,a new replacement NDS card,do not really know why,the other one worked fine,anyway the new one initialised
after about 5 minutes.
Any ideas as to the old one,they did not ask for it to be returned.

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
I would even pay for sky if I would get a module.The digibox is the reason why I subscribe to D+ and Canaal+,that box is such crap...Btw, the official price for the didibox (UK) is about 300pounds, so not too far off.

spookey

Reaction score
My Location
Norway west-coast
The cam is Matrix revolution,? the say that you kan program it for n*s. You can get this cam for about £150 in norway. but isent it strange that there all ready have software to a so new cam. .
I think its only fore viasat.

spookey

Reaction score
My Location
Norway west-coast
is that matrix reloaded or matrix revolution?

by the way you can get n*s on both cam`s. i think.

T

theReindeer

For example at:

***.sa*media.at/s_product_catalog.php?ag2=652

they offer both, the Matrix Revolution and Reloaded for the same prize:

89 € excl. p&p.

There were rumors around, that the Dragon CAM (retail price > 100 €) will handle
N*S, but this never materialized.

So AFAIK, none of the 3 can handle N*S O-no