VideoGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.

king_owende

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am new here but need help from all. I anyone know about videoguard encripting.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
king_owende said:
Hi guys
I am new here but need help from all. I anyone know about videoguard encripting.

It's the system developed by NDS, used by BSkyB in the UK and other providers in various countries. It's a secure system, not hackable. Doubt if you'll find much about it, certainly not on this forum.

Llew

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
Llew said:
It's a secure system, not hackable.
Llew

Surely all encryption is possible to break eventually. Why is it not hackable? I've heard this a lot and always wondered if it is because people fear the wrath of Murdoch if news got out that they had hacked it. Or am I way off track?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The new encryptions are not like the old ones, the new generation of smartcard is pretty close to impenetrable, unless very sophisticated and expensive equipment is used and even then it does not necessarliy produce results. The old days of brute forcing an encryption are pretty much in the past.

Most of the encryptions being watched at the moment by other than legitimate means, have been opened by leakage rather than hacking and possibly even by the provider themselves.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
there`s rumours aboud this week BIG R that NDS UK CARDS are being cloned, and to do this "its gotta be HACKED" so to write a new boxkey to receiver,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but are the rumours true, exaggeration or just plain wishful thinking? :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
A fiver says it's true.

What a tightwad I am... :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, another recruit to the wishful thinking lobby. :)

TV_From_The_Sky

Reaction score
This makes an interesting moral debate.

Living in the UK, if I want to watch $ky then I pay the fee (which I do); whereas if I want to watch German or Spanish TV I could in theory use one of the 'illicit' CAMs and away I go (I don't)

Do you think it's more wrong or equally wrong to 'steal' TV from the country you live in? rather from one which you can't actually subscribe to?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, it is interesting, have to say that I like stability in my viewing and would continue to subscribe to my local package, as most hacks are at the mercy now of the commercial hackers/providers and hence pretty unreliable.

I cannot legitimately buy a subscription for TPS or Digital+, so perhaps there is a slight justification for obtaining it by other means, although it is on pretty thin ice. :)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I cannot LEGITIMATLY subscribe to ANYTHING,(DRAGON WOULD CHOP ME NUTS OFF)
So i do what I MUST

markdx4

Reaction score
in ref to
rumours aboud this week BIG R that NDS UK CARDS are being cloned, and to do this "its gotta be HACKED" so to write a new boxkey to receiver

where can i find out more info?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not convinced that you can easily, as the information seems to be wafting around on gossamer threads, possible spun by Tinkerbell. If it is legitimate it will appear on the mainstream sites, but the archives here are full of "I've heard that" threads, which died a death when substantiation was required.

cyber4all

Reaction score
well the truth is that until now it was not necessary to hack into sky's videoguard as most of the channels on it's package were the same in other european packages specially in italy. Now the italians are on the dark and belive me the soon there will be light.
as a Nds is beeing tested and logged and tryed etc.
p.s this is not a rumor but a little fact

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm thinking that it could be in the 'testing' stages for another 10 years. :(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
cyber4all said:
well the truth is that until now it was not necessary to hack into sky's videoguard as most of the channels on it's package were the same in other european packages specially in italy. Now the italians are on the dark and belive me the soon there will be light.
as a Nds is beeing tested and logged and tryed etc.
p.s this is not a rumor but a little fact

I don't seem to remember most of the channels being available elsewhere, it hasn't been so long that Sky Italia has been available and 1W has been on and off, as has D+, it hasn';t got so much to do with people concentrating on an encryption, more what is being leaked.

cyber4all

Reaction score
well, life is full of negative people. let me tell you I have seen a file that is explaining how nds videoguard WORKS

INDICE:​

L’ATR delle nuove card .............................................................2

STRUTTURA DELLE ISTRUZIONI NDS ............................................3

NANI e INDICATORI...................................................................4​

LE NUOVE CLASSI ...................................................................15

LE CHIAVE.............................................................................16​

SIGNATURE CALCULATION & CONTROL WORD ENCRIPTION PROCESS ...17

STATUS BYTES........................................................................19

LA FASE DI BOOT DELLE NUOVE CARD .......................................21

LE NUOVE ATTIVAZIONI ...........................................................25

TRANSAZIONE PPV ..................................................................29

HARDWARE & SOFTWARE.........................................................35

INS 02....................................................................................36

INS 04....................................................................................37

INS 06​
....................................................................................37

INS 0E​
...................................................................................37

INS 12​
....................................................................................39

INS 1E​
...................................................................................40

INS 2E​
...................................................................................41

INS 32​
....................................................................................42

INS 36​
....................................................................................43

INS 38​
....................................................................................45

INS 40....................................................................................46

INS 42​
....................................................................................51

INS 44​
....................................................................................53

INS 46​
....................................................................................53

INS 4A​
...................................................................................55

INS 4C​
...................................................................................56

IL MARRIAGE​

INS 4E​
....................................................................................60

INS 50​
.....................................................................................60

INS 54​
.....................................................................................60

INS 56​
.....................................................................................61

LO SWAP DELLA CARD​

INS 58​
......................................................................................62

INS 5A​
.....................................................................................63

INS 5C​
.....................................................................................63

INS 5E​

INS 6A​
.....................................................................................65

INS 6C​
.....................................................................................65

INS 70​
......................................................................................66

INS 72​
......................................................................................67

INS 74​
......................................................................................69

INS 76​
......................................................................................75

I TIERS​
.....................................................................................76

INS 78​
......................................................................................77

INS B4​
.....................................................................................79

INS BC​
.....................................................................................80

INS BE​
......................................................................................81

THIS IS A IN DEPTH MANUAL OF HOW NDS WORKS BUT AT TIHS MOMENT IS IS ONLY IN ITALIAN

So please don't be negative and look for the plus in life....

:-boom :-bunny ({}) :-bunny ({}) :-bunny ({}) :-bunny :-duel :-HB

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Knowing how it works and hacking it are two entirely different things.

We are not being negative so much as controlling unsupported and snowballing rumours, if we allowed it, all of the forums would be full of rumour rather than fact and new members who have joined purely to get free Sky tv and flood the forums with requests on how to get it..

These NDS stories materialize every 3 months or so, always with someone saying "I've seen it", or "my mate has seen it" but they never get substantiated, so until we are sure that anything has happened, you will have to excuse our apparent negativity.

cyber4all

Reaction score
well mr rolfw for your information italians have been watching sky italia for few years with cloned cards. these new files to watch sky was simple a matter of selling titanium and knot cards as they say nothing is for free. in regards to digital + everyone had the nagravision system so the seca ssystems was not necessary but as soon as they chaged to nagra2 the seca system became available.now the word I have seen meean a have the file with me with all the explanations of what to do but because i am not of a soldering kind a passed it around forums where someone might do something with it.

regarding the channels, my friend the important channels for every one is the sports and movies so every package in europe has that to offer not forgeting discoveries, cartoons mtvs etc.. the list goes on...

thank you

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
How on earth have the Italians been watching Sky Italia for years, it hasn't been around in its present form for that long. Modifying original smart cards is not cloning and does not necessarily signify a full hack.

This discussion is about Videoguard and until there is any proof surfacing there is no point in discussing it, just a waste of bandwidth.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.