View PVR Recording on PC

praful

Reaction score
Hi, I hope I am posting on the right section

Would anyone know of any freeware to watch PVR recordings ( Fortec 4700 )
on a PC and vice versa, ( Recording on PC and viewing on PVR FS 4700.

Any helpful / useful info will be appreciated. Regards.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
praful said:
Hi, I hope I am posting on the right section

Would anyone know of any freeware to watch PVR recordings ( Fortec 4700 )
on a PC and vice versa, ( Recording on PC and viewing on PVR FS 4700.

Any helpful / useful info will be appreciated. Regards.

Hi praful,
I think that it would be a good idea to give some information about your receiver so that we don't have to search for it in order to try to help you.
A manual would be nice.
Or it least tell us what is the mechanism of recording (USB stick, HDD, etc.), the recording format extension, interface to outside world (Ethernet, USB, etc.)
Also what have you tried so far, apparently without success.
In general it should be possible to transfer the recorded files to the PC using FTP and watch using free s/w like VLC or something else.
The other way (PC to receiver) might be more difficult, depending on the receiver hardware.

praful

Reaction score
Hi, ( TO : HBI13 DISH )

Thanks for your response to my recent posting. Under mentioned are some details as requested.

The receiver is a Fortec Star - PVR, model FS 4700, with a USB port. I have been using a Flash Disk / external USB HDD for recording.

File extension shows as AliDVR. I have tried to use various S/W ‘s for playback on a PC, these are : VLC, Classic Media player 321, and a few others as well.

Unfortunately, nothing seems to work . A friend had recently suggested that I should download and try out a S/W called PURE CODEC PLAYER.

I had managed to trace a certain Website that seems to have listed this S/W on their home page. Unfortunately, this site is in Chinese language. Secondly, the site itself looks very messy, any click on the images redirects to various different links .

( Site ) _www.wmzhe.com

Any feedback on this issue will be appreciated.

I hope this information will be of some use to you. Once again thanks a lot. Regards

PRAFUL.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
praful said:
Hi, ( TO : HBI13 DISH )

Thanks for your response to my recent posting. Under mentioned are some details as requested.

The receiver is a Fortec Star - PVR, model FS 4700, with a USB port. I have been using a Flash Disk / external USB HDD for recording.

File extension shows as AliDVR. I have tried to use various S/W ‘s for playback on a PC, these are : VLC, Classic Media player 321, and a few others as well.

Unfortunately, nothing seems to work . A friend had recently suggested that I should download and try out a S/W called PURE CODEC PLAYER.

I had managed to trace a certain Website that seems to have listed this S/W on their home page. Unfortunately, this site is in Chinese language. Secondly, the site itself looks very messy, any click on the images redirects to various different links .

( Site ) _www.wmzhe.com

Any feedback on this issue will be appreciated.

I hope this information will be of some use to you. Once again thanks a lot. Regards

PRAFUL.

Hello praful,

Thanks for the info.
I am assuming that you are able to copy the recorded files to your PC, and not just trying to open them while they are on the USB stick or the USB HDD.
You can try changing the file extension to *.tsr and see if you can open it with one of the s/w that you have tried already or use Nero Showtime (Nero Player)
Alternatively, record a short file for about 30-60 seconds and upload it to a website that allows large files storage and then give us the link and I will see what I can do with it.

chrisgeller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec FS4700 USB FTA receiver
My Location
London
You can convert the files using software I found here - it's very good!

_http://www.nicecuppa.net/2009/03/freesat-and-recording-to-usb.html