visionnet 8000s

terry2k4uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
t*chnomat*
My Location
united kingdom
i really ewould like to have it , please, how much is the postage to manchester, if you still have it

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
terry2k4uk said:
i really ewould like to have it , please, how much is the postage to manchester, if you still have it

From Spain, where I live, postage would be €30 (£20).

I can't send you a PM as it has not yet been enabled for you, so if you're interested go to the website in my profile, from which you can send me an e-mail. We can then exchange details that we wouldn't want posted in a public forum.

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
recently i have some problem with visionnet 8000s

when i am watching channels every thing is ok but if shut off the recever with remote and make it on after some time, I don't see all channels

Only after i turn on and off the switch at the back of recever then after that i am able to watch channels

Why this is happening is there any problem with the recever

or it is linked to internet connection

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
recently i have some problem with visionnet 8000s

when i am watching channels every thing is ok but if shut off the recever with remote and make it on after some time, I don't see all channels

Only after i turn on and off the switch at the back of recever then after that i am able to watch channels

Why this is happening is there any problem with the recever

or it is linked to internet connection

Does this happen also with FTA channels?

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
It happens only with channels with ($) sign the channels that are payed

the channels do come back after i do restart to receiver

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
can someone help i have visionnet 8000s
i need code of visionnet so that i can use it with universal remote control

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Most universal remotes that I have come across have a search mode which allows you to lock on to any IR frequency within its memory. If that is not working I suggest you contact the manufacturer here because there is no mention of it in the pdf for your stb. As a last resort just try some popular codes, a list is here

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
thanks for reply but it did'nt help me

i can't contact matrix system with email because they need some kind of password
is there any other way to find out what is the code of remote control of visionnet

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
untill last week i was getting good reception much sharper image

But suddenly this week it seems that the picture is not so sharp a can see it on logo

Does this has someting to do with the broudband router that i changed this week or

Does this has to do someting with dish or satelite recever i don't understand why the rception is not sharp as before

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
untill last week i was getting good reception much sharper image

But suddenly this week it seems that the picture is not so sharp a can see it on logo

Does this has someting to do with the broudband router that i changed this week or

Does this has to do someting with dish or satelite recever i don't understand why the rception is not sharp as before

It would help if you tell us which satellites and which channels are you talking about.
Why would the router has anything to do with this?

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
Most of channels

I have:
AMOS
NILESAT
ARABSAT
HOTBIRD

most of the channels like mbc action, mbc movies, cinama1,2,3 they were very sharp when i vieved on 37" lcd but suddeny something is changed it is not so sharp my be it has to do something with the tv setting in menue in vissionnet 8000s

The tv settings in lcd i didn't changed

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
Most of channels

I have:
AMOS
NILESAT
ARABSAT
HOTBIRD

most of the channels like mbc action, mbc movies, cinama1,2,3 they were very sharp when i vieved on 37" lcd but suddeny something is changed it is not so sharp my be it has to do something with the tv setting in menue in vissionnet 8000s

The tv settings in lcd i didn't changed

I take it that this happens also with FTA channels or is it only with encrypted channels?

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
it happens with all channels

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
it happens with all channels

I suspect the receiver. Might be anything: Tuner, power supply, etc.
If you have or can borrow another receiver, you can test and see if the picture is better.
Have you tried shuuting it down (pull the power cord), wait few minutes and switch again.

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
shuuting it down (pull the power cord), wait few minutes and switch again. I will try this at home

Thanks for very fast reply

Secondy i want to ask if is it worth buying upscaler so i can connect from scart out of my visionnet 8000 to hdmi of sony (lcd) and get better picture

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
shuuting it down (pull the power cord), wait few minutes and switch again. I will try this at home

Thanks for very fast reply

Secondy i want to ask if is it worth buying upscaler so i can connect from scart out of my visionnet 8000 to hdmi of sony (lcd) and get better picture

First try to get the receiver to work as it used to or face the possibility to send it for repair or even worse buy a new one.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
We had a lot of visonnet receivers develop power supply faults over here because of cheap inferior capacitors. Symptoms included wavy lines over the picture(on AV) sometimes no signal,rebooting etc.
Replacing the caps with high temperature ones cured all faults.

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
I did what you said ' removed the cord and switch again .
It did help the picture was much sharper.

Now to the next quastion as the visionnet only has scart out do you think if i buy a upscaler to connect it to hdmi of lcd will improve the quality better than what i am viewing today

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
I did what you said ' removed the cord and switch again .
It did help the picture was much sharper.

Now to the next quastion as the visionnet only has scart out do you think if i buy a upscaler to connect it to hdmi of lcd will improve the quality better than what i am viewing today

Good.
I think that the SCART video out is the best that you would get.
Haven't used an upscaler and frankly I don't know what it is but you are welcome to try it and report back.
There is another possibility that you should take into account and it is the channel video and audio bitrate, which can be measured using a bitrate monitor, at least with my Dreambox 7000S.
Channels on Hot Bird 13E have all kind of video quality and resolutions and the higher the bitrate, the better picture you will get.
Therefore channels transmitting at low bitrate will not give you a good picture, especially on a large LCD TV screen.
As an example, channel NRJ12 has a good V/A bitrate, so see how it looks on your screen.