visionnet 8000s

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
i'd never heard of this receiver until today. is it a dreambox clone?
http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/visionnet.htm

-cts

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
There's a manual here: http://www.matrixxsystems.de/index.php?id=dokumente0&L=1 but as far as I can see it's not running any open source software. Maybe it's just a common or garden receiver with an Ethernet port.

zdan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, DM800HD, motorized 1.8M Dish. Twin c/Ku Yuri LNBs.
My Location
Malaysia
This IP satellite receiver, more channel can be viewed. work on card sharing over the internet.

aphex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 7000 s
My Location
hello i have a visionnet and a dreambox, the visionet its a kind of easy dreambox specially made for card sharing over i.p but you can do much more settings with the dreambox.

gov400

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s
Gibertini OP120 Dish
STAB HH120 MOTOR
My Location
London
this reciever sux. I was gonna get it but got a dream 7020. The better choice and more options availible

shtayeh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VisionNet 8000S
My Location
Israel
I need your help
I have VisionNet 8000S
I want to know the Site http:// for utomatic Update for NetVision 8000s
Thank you
Dr. Shtayeh

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Don't know about automatic uploads, but as easysat mentioned earlier in the thread, there's some tools for the VisionNet 8000s here which may help -

_www.matrixxsystems.de/index.php?id=download&L=1

Llew

aphex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 7000 s
My Location
hey

go to

www,vnsupport,org (visionnet best forum, i think)

you will fund many softwear and direct link to update the visionnet from the settings menu over internet

bye

rogue_element

Reaction score
*racingclubuk

in the other thred you said you would ebay the stb if the service went dead, in this one you say that you have ebay'd it can i take it from that the service is now dead?

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
HI i have a visionnet 8000s , i want to know if it has digital out because when i search on internet this satelite recever is shown with digital out the one above video on the back pannel but in fact in my user manuel that came with the visionnet 8000s it shows (o/12v output to connect 12v to an external 0/12v switch), may be this recever is dublicate. If so can some one help me how to convert audio Right and left to digital so that i can connect it to my home theater system with digital coaxial or opti inn.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
HI i have a visionnet 8000s , i want to know if it has digital out because when i search on internet this satelite recever is shown with digital out the one above video on the back pannel but in fact in my user manuel that came with the visionnet 8000s it shows (o/12v output to connect 12v to an external 0/12v switch), may be this recever is dublicate. If so can some one help me how to convert audio Right and left to digital so that i can connect it to my home theater system with digital coaxial or opti inn.

If it doesn't have audio coax or opti, then it is not possible to convert the RCA left and right analogue signals to digital.
If this is important to you, try exchanging it for a dreambox model which has digital audio.
With my 7000S, I am quite happy with the RCA connectors sound and didn't even bother till now to use the digital out.
It all depends on the sound quality of the channels that you are watching.
A bitrate monitor plugin can show you the audio quality, in addition to the video quality of the channel (for a Dreambox)

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
Thanks for advice i wiil look for it. second thing if some one can find for me the ir codec of visionnet 8000s because i have a universal remote control that works for me with tv, dvd, recever and video the only problem is it does'nt have ir codec of visionnet.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Does it have an orange output socket on the back? If it does, that's a digital out.

Can you show us a photo of the back of your box?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hi!
i also have bought this reveiver,but never use it,think now all servers are dead,never upgraded my firmeware,so what i must do,and where i can find the latest one?
version 1.0 that i have installed curencly,does not have manual search function,the mvision reveiver,it seems to be very simular,but the problem is the channel search,i dont find and settings,or editor,where i can load into this reveiver,software,looks realy beta,now i can trouth out,of the window,coz it is useless..
does anyone know where i can change,the bootloader,i try to download an asia firmware on it,but with european loader on it,it does not work!
in the past asian firmeware,supports multichoice on 68,5!

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
It has audio left audio right, video and one more output which according to manuel in internet suposed to be digital but in my recever itis black output and in my manuel it is written (o/12v output to connect 12v to an external 0/12v switch), secondly im am searching for ir codec of this visionnet 8000s for universal remote control

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:

Dan,
I don't know which satellites your dish is pointing to since your profile doesn't show this, but which channels are you trying to receive which has AC3 sound ?
I connected the Optical Digital output on Dreambox 7000S to my receiver and since there are hardly any channels with AC3 audio sound on Hot Bird 13E, this output is not going to be of much use.
This means that even if your receiver does have a digital audio, then you are not going to enjoy listening unless you can receive loads of channels with AC3 broadcast.
The only channel I found which has AC3 sound option is NRJ 12 11,585V.
By the way, this channel has also a great sound on the standard option with bitrate of 320 kb/s.
If you know of other channels, let us have the list.

dansassoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
visionnet 8000s
broadband router
My Location
ashdod
Ok its clear for me about sound. im am searching for ir codec of this visionnet 8000s for universal remote control

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
dansassoon said:
Ok its clear for me about sound. im am searching for ir codec of this visionnet 8000s for universal remote control

I tried to look for it but without luck.
Actually, personally I am happy only when I have ten different remotes on the coffee table, but I guess that it is important for you to have just one remote.:)

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
If anybody wants my Visionet 8000, they can have it for the cost of postage - just PM me. It's sitting gathering dust. One of the worst buys I ever made.