Visiosat smc dishes good or bad ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When I had to put up a temporary radio mast recently, I used some one inch rubberised matting under the bottom of the mast and rested it on the roof to take the weight off the brackets, worked very well. :)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Rd100 said:
Rolf what size pole does the Jaeger 1224 go on its been a while since i used one,

If it was myself wod i would put it above the roof that way it will you will have no problems at all

1224 will fit on a 2inch pole up to 3 inch

yes was thinking of above the roof

also why deffo going for andrews and 1224 motor as found the motor on a german website for around 80 quid/119 euro, hm-sat.de i think it was

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
If you are buying a 1meter Andrews dish why don't you buy a Fibo instead?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Likvid said:
If you are buying a 1meter Andrews dish why don't you buy a Fibo instead?

why are these better on the motor ? lightweight or because of that gregorian design

arh i thought i had decided and now you suggest something else

R

Rd100

Just buy what ever your can afford and are happy with:) at the end of the day its only a dish:) ,
wod said:
why are these better on the motor ? lightweight or because of that gregorian design

arh i thought i had decided and now you suggest something else

R

Rd100

below that dish is that a small flat roof if it is why not put it on a non penetrating roof mount,
wod said:
decided on andrews 90cm or 1metre dish with 1224 motor but just need to make sure my t&k mount is strong enough to take the dish and motor

will it , see below for pic

thanks

wod

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
because i wont get over some small ish trees the neighbour has, as they shield the house that back on to the back garden as i'm sure some one would complain if they wasn't there

the flat roof mount would need about 9 foot pole on it

so i'm shafted but not to worry not my house lol