Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Latest chapter in my DB saga:

I am having problems controlling my Motek motor. For example, when I use the "goto zero" in MOTOR SETUP (or choose a channel and the DB says "moving to 19.2E") nothing happens. So I look at the motor and the green light is off. I put a voltmeter in the cable (motor end) and the voltage was less than 5v.

So I use a "hit and miss" method to try selecting different sats and try again. I recheck the voltage and it is now 18v, so I plug it back in and the light is now on so I press the manual button. Whoa! it moves, so I let go, press it again and it moves one click, light goes off. No amount of messing with the DB can make it come back on.

So, is this a hardware or software problem (with the D:cool:? Am I right in think V transponder settings send a higher voltage then H (13v vs. 18v)?

What is going on? :( Running Gemini image on DB500s

(When reading this, please insert lots of strong adjectives).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you absolutely 100% sure that what leaves the Dreambox is making it to the motor? You may well have a cable/connection problem, perhaps make multiple checks at both ends of the cable.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
That was my next plan, attach a short cable to the back of the DB and check the voltage. The cable is new (I made it a month ago) and there are no breaks in the cable.

Whilst waiting to do that tonight (at work now) are there any software possibilities? I've seen some motor zips on the web or are they just for USALS/ disEQc settings?

Thanks for the reply :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I plugged it back together and it worked- I hadn't changed anything. Talk about frustrating!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You're not the first to have this problem, and you won't be the last. :(

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
As I said in one of your earlier threads, it is a good idea to do motor installation step by step. Step one should be to have the motor near the box and make sure that it turns to where the rec sends it.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The receiver and motor work fine- when they work. It is just when the DB says "turning motor to xx" or when using the position "drive to 0" and it does nothing. From using a voltmeter it seems that it is only sending about 5v (when the motor doesn't work). Last night it worked fine, the night before it did f**k all :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So when you are getting a low voltage at the Motor, are you also gettin a low voltage at the receiver?

I have rectified many problems on intermittent performance simply by re-making the connection to the receiver, very often the core has been too short.