Vote now - 1W C*nax key changes

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If Canal Digital continue to make frequent key changes (say every three days) on their C*nax encryption system, what would you do?

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i think its just a pain in the arse having to keep changing files,but its better than having to pay for it.so as far as im concerned the person/s responsible are just wasting their time as much as they are wasting ours.

TWAG

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
This is what it's all about surely..

This is a fantastic HOBBY and the thrill of the chase is all part of it.
there are some who think that this a substitute for subscription
(as we see daily by the requests on this board)
these people are missing the whole point of the exercise and are
destined not to enjoy it to the full because of that. (good grief listen to me !!)
If there are any structured arguments against this
Then let's Av EM

L :D

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
BGonaSTICK said:
If Canal Digital continue to make frequent key changes (say every three days) on their C*nax encryption system, what would you do?
BG, I think you knew which way this poll was going ;)
Not much else around to exercise our minds with, is there?

Llew

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:) It'll be interesting to see how opinion changes over time... depending on what happens of course.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
as long as i can find footy for free,then i dont mind doing whatever it takes.god help if the day comes when i have no other option but to buy a subscription :-(

TWAG

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Lancelot said:

there are some who think that this a substitute for subscription
(as we see daily by the requests on this board)
these people are missing the whole point of the exercise and are
destined not to enjoy it to the full because of that. (good grief listen to me !!)
If there are any structured arguments against this
Then let's Av EM

L :D

Totally agree with ya Lancelot. Great HOBBY..

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
I've been watching the forums closely over the past few weeks, it amazes me how many new comers appeared over-night (with only 1 or 2 posts to their name) after TPS introduced changes to their encryption asking for keys and the like... that's not really playing the game at all: seek, search, learn, read and share... that's the way it should be.

-CTS

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
closetosoton said:
I've been watching the forums closely over the past few weeks, it amazes me how many new comers appeared over-night (with only 1 or 2 posts to their name) after TPS introduced changes to their encryption asking for keys and the like... that's not really playing the game at all: seek, search, learn, read and share... that's the way it should be.

-CTS

In an ideal world, that's how it would be CTS, but unfortunately, we have what we have. ;)

loftyj

Reaction score
It all makes work for the working man to do, and keeps all the members that like watching 22 men trying to pull each others shirts off, OH!!, and sometimes running after a round ball happy.

coconut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Window XP
4 x Receiver,
2.4M x1 0.6M x8, 0.9M x1, 1.2M x1
My Location
HKG
In our area, it do happen already and it change more often then you through.

in Nagra, one provider change their key twice aday, morning when they back to office and afternoon before they have their afternoon tea. another provider start changing key every two hours from morning till midnight.

in via2. one provider change their key for/backward on key08/key09 or 0A every 30 seconds.

hope you won't face the situations like us.

regards

bobnuts1

Reaction score
Lancelot said:

I read somewhere that the c0n@x system can only support a limited number of keys and are now repeating previous keys in a cyclic fashion. So, over the past few days I have been wondering if the software guru's would be able to modify the cam software to detect the current key and then scan through a softcam key file looking for the mod and exp for that particular key number whilst ignoring all others.

btw I use softcam s2emu and am very new to this "sport" this being my first key chase so I may be talking rubbish.

Rgds

Richard

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
bobnuts1 said:
I read somewhere that the c0n@x system can only support a limited number of keys and are now repeating previous keys in a cyclic fashion. So, over the past few days I have been wondering if the software guru's would be able to modify the cam software to detect the current key and then scan through a softcam key file looking for the mod and exp for that particular key number whilst ignoring all others.

btw I use softcam s2emu and am very new to this "sport" this being my first key chase so I may be talking rubbish.

Rgds

Richard
Nope, you're bang on. I thought about writing something to do this, but I think it would be a waste of time. You'll know which key is in use (from the S2emu 'info' dialogue), so just comment used keys out and uncomment them quickly to test if it works again. You'll only have to keep say three of each. :)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
@ Stick

Hi mate - I remember (not so many years ago) just updating a single key in Sftcam.K
But not deleting the old one so there would be several 0A's or whatever was the case. As Sftcam.K can carry may of these (1028 ?) what is the real disadvantage of a phat file with the current speed of processors and associated
H/W.
Just thought that if the providers are running out of options and are getting 'jiggy with it' as Telenor seem to be then adding and not changing, would appear a good option.

Feelings ??

L

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I would agree if the blo-O o-O dy thing didn't keep failing when you have duplicate keyset ID's! :D

Well that's not completely true, but with the C*nax keys, even if you have say 1 x key20, and 1 x key21 you can sometimes get an 'invalid sig' on the current key until you delete the OTHER key!

I've tried playing around with hex editors and control chars, but to no avail.

Crazy programmers... :rolleyes:

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No it's not. AFAIK TeamPDK have not released enough code for an AU routine to be written. They'd rather make some more money from selling MII cards for some reason. It's entirely feasable though.

Think there's just been a nano change as well, so probably no C*nax for Chrimbo.

Have a feeling in my water about an S2 release though. Tit, S2emu and NewcamD would be nice.

Mr Amit

Reaction score
I am happy that they change keys.
It would be boring and kindof scary if they did not.