Vu+ Uno I want to add 16 LNBS (T90 Setup) to the Vu+ HELP.......

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
HI Guys

Not sure if the Uno posts go on this section but need some help with the T90 setup with 16lnbs.

main page on here if you want to see what the setup is like.

_http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/pictures-members-setups-general-satellite-installations/192587-my-first-toroidal-90-multi-dish-install-20-lnbs-17.html

bascially need to know this

1. where is the menu page that will take me to add 16 single lnbs to scan into the Uno (at the moment I go to sat service and scan single lnbs)
2. that wont for 16lnbs so I need to do this (or plan to do) diseqc 10/1 x2 and emp 4/1
8 lnbs feed into each 10/1 diseqc
then feed the 2 out cables into the emp 4/1
and then feed out cable into the vu uno.

Hope this makes sense so far

Bacially how to setup the switch order and tell the uno to scan all 16lnbs (I have 14 on at the moment but will be upto 16 by the time I finish next week or so).

I hope this makes sense, if not please let me know.

Also do i need to loads any new apps to the uno to multiscan as the manual is not great and does not explain multiscans

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
godzillafan said:
...1. where is the menu page that will take me to add 16 single lnbs to scan into the Uno (at the moment I go to sat service and scan single lnbs)

Also do i need to loads any new apps to the uno to multiscan as the manual is not great and does not explain multiscans

No need for any extra apps.

To get to the menu page, go to : service searching > tuner configuration> scroll through to advanced (it will be set on simple I think)

Other than that I don't know if your switches are commited or uncomitted, but I think a gentleman from Spain will be along in due course to unlock the settings for you.

You do need to assign a number for each LNB (E.G. 19°E could be LNB1) but try to do this logically and write down which LNB goes where.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
thanks S

this is the spec

went back to the plan b (i know in a months time greed will take over and I will want more than 16lnbs)

2 x opticum 10/1 diseqc

• 1. DiSEqC 1.0 oder 2.0 (A,B,C,D), max. 4 LNB
  • 2. DiSEqC 1.1 oder 2.1 uncommitted / cascaded, max. 10 LNB
  • 3. DiSEqC 1.0 oder 2.0 + Mini A, B (A, B, C, D), max. 6 LNB
  • 4. Benutzerdefiniertes DiSEqC Protokoll, max. 10 LNB
  • 5. DiSEqC 1.1 oder 2.1 uncommitted, max. 10 LNB
  • 6. DiSEqC 1.1 oder 2.2 programmable, max. 10 LNB
  • 7. DiSEqC 1.1 oder 2.1 oder 2.2 (Auto 2 und 6), max. 10 LNB
  • 8. DiSEqC 1.1 oder 2.0 oder 2.1 oder 1.2 oder 2.2, max. 10 LNB

1 x emp 4/1

I plan to feed 8 lnbs into each 10/1

the two out cables then into the emp 4/1 and then that out cable into the vu+

not had any other replies from vu+ owners - just our 'gang' so far

hope setup makes sense

we did speak about this last year, the emp 16/1 is going to limit me so 20/1 setuo should cover everything.

specs are above

I can then start this over the next few days.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
In advanced mode on the Vu+'s you have a maximum of 32 LNB positions this pretty much goes for any Enigma 2 Linux Receiver and as sonnetpete said you will have to assign a number to each one

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
digi247 said:
In advanced mode on the Vu+'s you have a maximum of 32 LNB positions this pretty much goes for any Enigma 2 Linux Receiver and as sonnetpete said you will have to assign a number to each one

Thanks D

So in the advance mode will the scan pick up all the stats/lnbs from the diseqc switches. I will be using 3 of them, 2x 10/1 going into the 1x 4/1 and then that going into the uno. Will the uno setup in adcance automatically pick up the signals by me just numbering the lnbs 1-16.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
godzillafan said:
Will the uno setup in adcance automatically pick up the signals by me just numbering the lnbs 1-16.

No, the rest of the setup page will have to be altered to suit your switch type and order of switching. I've attached a photo of my own advanced config but it probably bears no relation to yours.

Attachments

• Advanced setup.jpg
    Advanced setup.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 967

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Thanks S

Just checked the opticum diseqc specs - its 1.0 / 1.1 - I think mode 4 - 8 allow 10 lnbs. I will be putting that into the emp 4/1 which is diseqc 2.

How does the receiver detect the signals - as the 10/1 will need to set in a way to allow 8 signals to be set to the receiver but will the emp change those signals in any way.

say i put 8 lnbs into 1-8 (45-16) and the rest into the 2nd 10/1 (slots 1-8) and then feed the 1st box into slot 1 and 2nd into slot 2 of the emp 4/1.

Will the emp just pass the signal through to the receiver from the setting on the 10/1?

hope that makes sense

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Well as I said, when you set up the VU+ in advanced it follows the signal path you've prescribed. If you ask it to switch to a certain LNB the VU+ will follow the commands and enable the designated LNB. The EMP 4/1 won't change the signals but enable the first stage of switching from the receiver.Hence, VU+>EMP 4/1>Opticum 10/1>LNB.

Don't forget that the receiver isn't getting the signals from all the LNB's at the same time. That's why you have the switches, so the VU+ can access them one at a time. What you have to do is to ensure that the VU+ sends the commands in the correct order, (the part I have no real knowledge of and with which I can't assist you further).

I'm struggling to figure your proposed arrangement out, as mine is quite different. Because I was using four dishes, I elected to use four 4/1 switches, which in turn went to another 4/1 switch. I think it was simpler to wire up than yours, as I didn't struggle to fit eight F connectors onto one switch. I can't stress strongly enough to write it all down while you are wiring up and to do one LNB at a time.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Thanks S

Dont worry about the writing bit, I cant do this in my head. I need to draw a few diagrams of the cables and I will be using a number system with the lnbs and cable.

The lnbs will be numbered from 1 onwards. Cable will have numbers both ends from lnb side and the switch side. So lnb 1 will have a white cable with number 1 stuck on both ends.

I am going to do it a little like H's positions pdf.

The sat meter I have narrowed down to 6906 and 6908 - any last thoughts on them (I want to get a and e readings if I can).

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
godzillafan said:
The sat meter I have narrowed down to 6906 and 6908 - any last thoughts on them (I want to get a and e readings if I can).

Not sure what you mean by "a and e readings" unless you're planning a visit to the hospital.....

I think there's probably very little to choose between the meters. Mine shows signal strength, SNR and has a BNR readout which should be as close to zero as you can get. It's useful when maximising the LNB skew. Be aware that the SNR reading may be lower than it says on your VU+. (Similar to what you've observed with your two receivers). At the end of the day, your choice will probably down to what you can afford....

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
cheers S

I know they wont be as good as the vu+ but the highest reading on them is good enough to lock the lnb into position as I know that the vu+ will give me a better snr reading.

Added a question on the main T90 thread about west sats 0.8-30w - any input would be great as I thinking on investing in a 1M dish (on the cheap) and putting a 4 holder on it.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
sonnetpete said:
Not sure what you mean by "a and e readings" unless you're planning a visit to the hospital.....

a = Azimuth and e = Elevation ???

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
cheers T
beat me to it
'a = Azimuth and e = Elevation'

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I prefer Pete's idea, mind :-toilet

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Godzillafan: You need to clear out your PM's.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Wiring is on hold for the moment as its raining! Typical Easter weather, it has set me back a few days.

More updates later

mosllam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240 cm local motorized dish and 2 fixd 180 cm local dish with multi lnb VU+ DUO 2 yuner in use
My Location
Egypt- Cairo
godzillafan said:
thanks S

this is the spec

went back to the plan b (i know in a months time greed will take over and I will want more than 16lnbs)

2 x opticum 10/1 diseqc

1 x emp 4/1

hope setup makes sense

we did speak about this last year, the emp 16/1 is going to limit me so 20/1 setuo should cover everything.

specs are above

i would like to help you cause i have allready use a switch to conect tow diseqeC 1x4 to dream 800 and VU+ DUO later
i used Spaun SUR 211 F 2/1 Switch to conect both diseqC to the VU+
tow years later i bought a 1x10 diseqC an ATEC brand - i tried to conect it with 1x4 diseqc using the spaun switch but it didnot work -because the ther is no suporrt for 1x10 diseqC to be connect with anther diseqC 1x4 or 1x10.
there is no support for that in VU+ tuner config and the dream box is the same
now i use 1x16 diseqC atec brand
i connect it to tuner A it has 9 fixed LNB and 1 motorized dish
i have another motorized dish connected to tuner B
i visted the EMP-centauri page but i couldent know which type of switches you mean

please write the full name of the switch type-or a link to it if its permeted
i want to know if there is a switch that can allaw you to use tow 1x10 disqeC

mosllam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240 cm local motorized dish and 2 fixd 180 cm local dish with multi lnb VU+ DUO 2 yuner in use
My Location
Egypt- Cairo
godzillafan said:
thanks S

this is the spec

2 x opticum 10/1 diseqc

1 x emp 4/1

hope setup makes sense

specs are above

i want to help you becuse i allredy use a swtich to connect two diseqeC 1x4 to dream box and VU+ DUO later

i used Spaun SUR 211 F 2/1 Switch to connect both diseqeC

tow years later i bought 1x10 diseqeC - i tried to connect it with 1x4 diseqeC but the VU+ tuner config has no support for that and the dream box is the same
now i use 1x16 diseqeC
please write the full name of the swtich cause i viseted EMP-centauri page but i couldnot know which swtich you mean
it will be great if i can use anther diseqeC 1x4 or 1x10

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
mosllam said:
i want to help you becuse i allredy use a swtich to connect two diseqeC 1x4 to dream box and VU+ DUO later

i used Spaun SUR 211 F 2/1 Switch to connect both diseqeC

tow years later i bought 1x10 diseqeC - i tried to connect it with 1x4 diseqeC but the VU+ tuner config has no support for that and the dream box is the same
now i use 1x16 diseqeC
please write the full name of the swtich cause i viseted EMP-centauri page but i couldnot know which swtich you mean
it will be great if i can use anther diseqeC 1x4 or 1x10

Hi Mollsam

thanks for the help, this is what I am going to use - I was starting this a week or so ago but weather has pushed me back a week!

The plans is

16 stats - 8 of each into these two boxes - They are Opticum dsg 10/1

_http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150676139789?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

then I will put these two boxes into this emp 4/1

_http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=19&id=62

I hope this helps.

The reason i want to use this as i will eventually add about 2/3 more stats to the setup.

if it wont work then I will need to sell the 10/1 and go down the 16/1 route - which I brought- cancelled - brought - cancelled as I cant make my mind up on the 16/1 route.

Any advice is helpful

mosllam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Egypt- Cairo
godzillafan said:
Hi Mollsam

thanks for the help, this is what I am going to use - I was starting this a week or so ago but weather has pushed me back a week!

The plans is

16 stats - 8 of each into these two boxes - They are Opticum dsg 10/1

_http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150676139789?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

then I will put these two boxes into this emp 4/1

_http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=19&id=62

I hope this helps.

The reason i want to use this as i will eventually add about 2/3 more stats to the setup.

if it wont work then I will need to sell the 10/1 and go down the 16/1 route - which I brought- cancelled - brought - cancelled as I cant make my mind up on the 16/1 route.

Any advice is helpful

thanks for reply
in theory both dreambox and vu+ support up to 32 lnb in eingma 2
i have asked the same about connecting 2 diseqec 1X4 and 1X10 in many fourm
the last one was (sat univers )fourum
but i didnot get any answer
i still have the spuan swich and i will ask again
hope this time find some vu expert to answer