Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yahoo - one of the beautiful old v-wing bombers has been restored and is undergoing test flights in preparation for returning to service at air shows.

So if you live near RAF Cottesmore look out for the old girl overhead. Pics from the tvoc.co.uk website - and on the site you can see the latest test flight news

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 31
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 33

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I remember seeing one of these at Stafford airshow about 30 years ago. The pilot did a couple of low slow passes then put the nose straight up and floored the throttles right over the crowd! It was literally deafening - definitely wouldnt be allowed nowadays

:D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
It seem like a logical idea to put them back in the air... :D

(Geddit, Vulcan, Logical? :p )

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, I wondered how long that connection would take to surface. :)

I remember seeing them fly at Farnborough air show, an amazing plane and well ahead of its time.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
We have grown up with them here as we are just a couple of miles from BA Systems at Salmesbury and Warton. I have fond memories of them making numerous test flights locally.

flashgordon1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky amstrad and panasonic systems 6 pack setup. two 42cm dishes.just ordered a technomate 6900HD with motorised system one metre dish. also at another address.twin feed static 80 mm dish non digital system. 6 year old dell with server memory 680 of
My Location
essex in the wilds somewhere
i saw it on its last year of flight. at southend airshow (there was only one) also remember seeing the last of the Victor and Valiant bombers.in those days britain was in the middle of the cold war USA had neuclear weapons on british soil to protect us. mmm strange if we did not have a US presence here with neuclear abilitys then we not needed the V bombers. oh well Now we ha ve a different enemy called the terrorist he dont have neuclear weapons (yet)

brewby

Reaction score
I used to live in Lincoln, they were based at RAF Waddington on a hilltop above the city, until you've heard the entire squadron taking off in the night for the flight to the Falkland islands you've not heard the full power of these beasts, my house windows were flexing under the sound pressure, the vibration could be felt underfoot as well, when any were taking off from the base, roads were closed around it to avoid vehicles being blown over, my father was a bus driver during the 60's and got caught in the thrust of onein a double decker, blew it over in seconds, luckily there was only the conductor on board.
The last one I saw was at RAF Finningley air show in 1991, show stopping performance. Can't wait to see it in the air again.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A very nice tribute page to Roy Chadwick

_http://homepages.manx.net/mdove/

gsteigwiler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020HD / DM800HD
Dream Elite 4.0
CCcam/Scam/gbox
Motorised 1Metre dish
Sony 40 inch Full HD TV
Vista Network
My Location
East Anglia
Doesn't it make you fell old,

I was just a small boy living near AVRO's in Chadderton when they flew what I was told was the first Vulcan over the factory so that the workers, who were all outside, could see what they had been making, before it returned to Woodford.

I must admit it will be nice to see one flying again.