Waaaarm!!!!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Britain is preparing for the hottest day of the year with temperatures forecast to reach 36C (96.8F).

Monday and Tuesday have already seen the two hottest days so far, with temperatures of up to 33.2C (91.8F).
Forecasters say the top temperatures will be in the west of London, north of Bristol and south of Birmingham but showers are coming from the South West.
It is set to be the hottest July day since 1911, when temperatures reached 36C (97F) in Epsom, Surrey.
British temperatures this week have topped such holiday destinations as Athens, Bermuda, Rio de Janeiro and Rome. Forecasters expect a bank of showers coming in from the South West to cool things down on Wednesday night and into Thursday, but the weekend should still be very warm.
The highest UK temperature ever recorded was 38.5C (101.3F) in Faversham, Kent, on August 10, 2003.

Met Office warning
Graham Forrester, of the Met Office told BBC Five Live the heat was "quite exceptional".
He said: "We don't get heat this often in this country and indeed the Met Office has its heatwave warning out to the National Health Service.
"We're looking probably at temperatures in southern and central England certainly in the mid-30s.
"We might even see somewhere a temperature of 37C, which is quite exceptional."
In Wales the July record of 33.6C (92.4F) is expected to be broken, with temperatures of 34C (93F) predicted for Cardiff.
Wednesday should be hot and sunny in Wales, but with isolated thunderstorms in the evening.
In Scotland temperatures are expected to reach 32C (89.6F) in Dumfries and Ayrshire.

Most of the country should also be hot and sunny but some eastern coastal areas, from the borders up to Aberdeenshire will have low clouds with some mist and fog.
In Northern Ireland temperatures of around 29C (84.2F) are expected, but cooler weather is expected tomorrow with the odd shower breaking out.
Emergency measures The heatwave has sparked a series of health warnings over fears for the safety of elderly and vulnerable people.

Emergency measures have been brought in to protect the roads of several counties as gritters began spreading rock dust to protect the surfaces.
Travellers planning to use the West Coast Main Line between London Euston and Lancaster were warned to expect delays on Wednesday because of speed restrictions introduced because of the extreme heat.
The Virgin Pendolino services on the West Coast Main Line, between London Euston and Lancaster, will be restricted to a 90mph speed limit on Wednesday for safety reasons.
This will also affect the routes to Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool.
Heat caused railway lines to buckle in the Midlands on Tuesday and many services from New Street Station in Birmingham had to be cancelled.
'Unbearable'
The Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers (Usdaw) says Britain's retailers need to keep their employees cool and has lobbied the government for a change in the law to introduce a legally enforceable maximum working temperature.
"Our members are telling us that temperatures on the shopfloor in some stores can be unbearable for workers and shoppers alike," says Usdaw General Secretary John Hannett.
"The fact there is not a legally enforceable upper limit makes it very confusing for responsible employers and allows bad employers to ignore serious health and safety concerns," he said.
The RSPCA has issued its own warnings about the dangers of dogs being left exposed to the heat. The animal charity has received 700 calls since 1 July reporting dogs left in cars, on balconies, in gardens, sheds and other areas without cover or water, and took 67 such calls on Monday.

Source: _http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5193486.stm

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
We just had our 2nd heatwave confirmed this year, last days 30+ yesterday 34.2, today 37 Celcius expected and enjoying it immensely.

Just an few months back we were all whinging about the cold, now we got our payback of Mother Nature :D

Hope it'll last till 31st of December :p

Cor

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, you won't find me moaning about the cold, hard rain and strong gusty wind perhaps. :)

I'm not a lover of this really hot weather, as it is not condusive to working in lofts or on flat rooves and it is sod's law that these are the jobs that come up when the temperatures rocket. :-doh! :D

Had to lash out and buy a fan the day before yesterday, it has certainly made a difference in my little computer den though. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
ahhh air conditioned Geek-Pit....a dream

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Have all gear in the livingroom, my bashed up notebook wich i bash even further now, all hamgear next right to me, satellite reciever etc, and an 16" fan waving air to me, combined with lotsa drinks :D

I know your job Rolf, don't envvy you now.....
Doing my job as pipefitter/TIGwelder this time of the year we were not working outside, but in hot factories/breweries etc as well.

If i got an Euro for every sweatdrop i spend i would be an bilionaire by now...

Outside jobs were for the winter of course, so you could freeze your nuts off....:bash:

Cor

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Phewww just came back from office, air conditioning packed up. 37.5 C (about 100F ) inside. F***** hot, almost impossible to do a desk job like this, papers sticking to hands. Damn, I hope it cools down tomorrow or they fix the bloody AC

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
with this warm weather i thought you lot would be installing new kit or tweaking things as its best time to do it.

was going to have a play with my stuff but cba till it cools down

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Downed a cold bottle of Muhlen Kolsch, and it went straight into my head. I am much happier now.:-cheers

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
i pulled a sicky... greeeeeat.. not too bothered about going in at all this week.. infact i dont think i will.. as i start my new job monday .. and that involves working outside.... oooooh the thought.. knowing me ill get on a roof and bang the thunder will strike...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Double up and carry a few spare tiles yeshi.:D