Wall Bracket

LukeUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 @ 28.2 - HD PVR | 65cm Fortec w/Inverto LNB @ 1W - KWorld PCI DVB-S | Core 2 Quad Q6600, nVidia 8600GT, 600GB RAID 0, 22" LCD and 24" CRT TV, DVBDream
My Location
Berkshire, UK
I bought one of these wall brackets to fit my Zone 1 minidish to the wall, since I didn't have the brackets that came with it.

Looks like this :

a30fb.jpg

My question is would it be acceptable to rotate it so that the pole points downwards, if at any point I wanted to upgrade to a bigger dish? At the moment it wouldn't quite give enough clearance at the top.

I don't really want to have to drill more holes...

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
if you are going to upgrade the dish at some point later, i would suggest buying a set of t&k brackets instead

as the bracket in the picture i don't think would be strong enough for a larger dish

the t&k brackets would be a better choice as they can easily support a larger dish and will support the weight better as it is spread out and not in one area.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
LukeUK said:
I don't really want to have to drill more holes...

For a zone1 minidish you can normally get away with using coachbolts+rawlplugs into the mortar if it is sound.

Yes I don't see why you couldn't fit the bracket upside down, but as wod, I wouldn't fancy using one of those brackets for a larger dish.

Robbo:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
LukeUK said:
since I didn't have the brackets that came with it.

Also agree, T&K arrangement would be better and far more stable.
If you wanted to mount the Zone 1 on the L type bracket then you will require 1 x 1.25 inch U bolts to clamp the dish arm to the bracket:D

LukeUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 @ 28.2 - HD PVR | 65cm Fortec w/Inverto LNB @ 1W - KWorld PCI DVB-S | Core 2 Quad Q6600, nVidia 8600GT, 600GB RAID 0, 22" LCD and 24" CRT TV, DVBDream
My Location
Berkshire, UK
satelliteman said:
Also agree, T&K arrangement would be better and far more stable.
If you wanted to mount the Zone 1 on the L type bracket then you will require 1 x 1.25 inch U bolts to clamp the dish arm to the bracket:D

I got a U Bolt that does the trick. The dish has been up and serving me well on Hotbird for a few days :)

So you don't think my current bracket would hold a 65cm Fortec Star? BTW the base of the bracket is 200x200mm (8"x8") The supplied bracket with the Fortec Star looks worse to me!:

2my7vvl.jpg

I think I've got a T&K Set plus pole in the garage somewhere, I'll go and have a look later.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The Fortec star bracket has side supports as well, thus spreading the load. I reckon that it would be better than the elbow bracket as all the bolts are together.:)