wanadoo dial-up problem

mikk

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems connecting to wanadoo pay as you go dial up service using a telewest phone line? Dialing 08440564000 does nothing but from a friends BT line it connects? They say there is no issues with TW.

(win xp)

wurzel

Reaction score
My Location
south west uk
Hi m8,
If i remember rightly you have to put in a code before wou put the wanadoo number in. thats how i use to connect useing eurobell to freeserve sometime back. i expect you have to do same with tw. wurzel.

mikk

Reaction score
Thanks wurz,
There is another number that is not on their installation cd, used this & bingo. Not to happy with result though, the speed seems very slow (45.2kbps) to my own (wanadoo) connection on a BT line. Yeah my pc is better but would that make any noticable difference? Anybody else slow on Telewest dial-up?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Dump Wanadoo and go on Tiscali broadband, I've had no probs, and often get a faster speed then I'm subscribed too.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
wurzel said:
Hi m8,
If i remember rightly you have to put in a code before wou put the wanadoo number in. thats how i use to connect useing eurobell to freeserve sometime back. i expect you have to do same with tw. wurzel.
That's 1470 if the CLI is withheld.