want a cheap large-ish prime focus dish?

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
I don't know which section to post this in, so I'll start here. I thought it might be good to have a "satellite grave yard" section with pictures of installations left to die of their own accord (i.e. not in use) I've seen no less than about half a dozen abandonned dishes recently, from the "full north facing" variety to the "lnb hanging on a wire" variety and I can't help thinking members of this forum could pick up such dead dishes and put them to better use.

Anyway - here's your chance to get your hands on a prime focus 1.2-1.5M dish. This one I spotted at the rear of a pub in Devon off the A30. The Highway man Inn (h22p://www.thehighwaymaninn.net/) seems to have a rather large dish in its rear garden which looks a little sad covered in moss. It probably dates back a few years and needs a good scrub up. Give them a call and make them an offer, they might be glad to see the back of it... you never know.... Oh and do report back, I'd be curious to see how you got on.

Cheers
-cts

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL the website designer was obviously smashed off his face when he built that one...Err, it wasn't you was it?!?!?! O-Ha

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
h**p://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/bsbdishes.html

has some pics of BSB dish /sqaurials Ive spotted round here

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL the website designer was obviously smashed off his face when he built that one...Err, it wasn't you was it?!?!?! O-Ha

no it wasn't - its not a blatant advert for the pub either, i've only ever drivern past. i'll try and get a picture next time...

-cts

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Make a nice pond liner at least... :)