want bigger dish

rubberpants7

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
kidsgrove
at the moment ive got a irte mount ive adappted a french gregorian 1-2 to fit but i could do with 1-6 or 1-8 i live kidsgrove is there a supplier close to me

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
This site has a membership list populated by enthusiasts from many countries so it's quite possible that a lot of them won't know anything about Kidsgrove. I suggest you carry out a search of the internet for suppliers in your area or look in Yellow Pages. Of course these days with internet trading being so readily available you don't actually need a supplier close to home unless you are looking for an installation service. One company always willing to offer help can be found on the following link.

http://www.dcsat.com/main.htm

Jimbo

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
There are many of the larger agents within your area that will be able to help.

They Include Precision ( manufacture) J H Hardy, ( shop and reseller) Small World ( shop)

You can also take a look here

http://www.smallworld.uk.com
http://www.jwhardy.co.uk/pages/pl_ant_sat.html

There are incidently not so many that manufacture 1.6 mtr dishes a majority are now 1.5 mtr and 1.8 mtr.

Please also note that if your mount is a normal IRTE mount for a 1.2 then this will also along with the support stand also need to be replaced with much larger.

Regards

Old Satellite

rubberpants7

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
kidsgrove
thanks for the info old satellite i know a sat dealer who is selling gillbertine dishes from italy 150 cm 250 pounds he said they are very good anyone know how good they are

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Gibertini dishes are very well made, but I am not sure whether the 1.5m comes with a polarmount as standard. The 1.2m unit did have some trouble traversing the whole arc unless changes were made to the motor brackets.

For £250 you should get the dish, motor and mount, and if you are really lucky, delivery to your door. Dont ask them to post it

M

Mike Bradley

Originally posted by rubberpants7
at the moment ive got a irte mount ive adappted a french gregorian 1-2 to fit but i could do with 1-6 or 1-8 i live kidsgrove is there a supplier close to me

If you are trade, your nearest supplier is the EUROSAT warehouse in Walsall.

If you are not trade then your nearest satellite shop is probably Evett TV in Congleton. On the roundabout at the end of Mountbatten Way.
(01260) 298333
Ask for Terry (he's the owner - I happen to know him and he's technically competent - if you speak to his mother she won't know what you are talking about!) He should be able to order you one from Eurosat (if they stock them).

Don't expect it to be cheap. Once you go larger than 1.2m you are looking at hundreds of pounds.