Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qbox
My Location
iran
Hello
i want know more about Salid Dish
i think it use for point to point use

kindly please provide me more details...

Thanks.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I suspect we're talking about Solid Dishes, and in a generic way ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hello
i want know more about Salid Dish
i think it use for point to point use

kindly please provide me more details...

Thanks.

You need to provide us with more info! We cant possibly answer your question as you havent told us what you want to do with it.

Receive transmit, what size are you interested in, what frequency bands, which satellite(s)

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
@antonio3245 Can you make a real picture of this antenna? what do you think could be the diameter of it? You wish to use it for satellite reception? Maybe it is easier to get usual satellite antenna (prime-focus or offset) and install it in the roof?

A

archive10

its a thing like this: https://www.hellasdigital.gr/images/thumbnails/800/800/detailed/3/mANT30.jpg

its side of a nano station
its near my home and i want obtain more details from it cause it trying have a thing like that
I'm fairly sure it's a WiFi distribution antenna for making point-to-point transfer of IP traffic.
The electronics are attached in the box at the back (RouterBoard based), and the antenna is mounted on a single in-line pole in front of the dish.
So you need two of them to transfer network traffic.

So, I don't think it will be much about satellite reception.
...unless the OP just wants some form of dish to point to the stars. (Well, at least the sats).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm fairly sure it's a WiFi distribution antenna for making point-to-point transfer of IP traffic.
The electronics are attached in the box at the back (RouterBoard based), and the antenna is mounted on a single in-line pole in front of the dish.

...unless the OP just wants some form of dish to point to the stars. (Well, at least the sats).

It's enormous for that purpose, is it not?

We use Fixed Wireless Access Broadband, and the dishes connecting from node to node are probably no more than 25cm diameter.

But I confess I don't know that much about the infrastructure, so ignore me if I've got it wrong! Again!

antonio3245

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qbox
My Location
iran

good
thanks
just a thing
its possible transfer video using this?
ot it is just for transfer network ?
cause it have side a nano station...

A

archive10

good
thanks
just a thing
its possible transfer video using this?
ot it is just for transfer network ?
cause it have side a nano station...
You can transfer anything you like, as long as it's digital and sent over a network cable (IP, probably).
Video, Audio, websites, whatever.
It's a data transfer point. You will have an identical one at the other end, making radio-waves back into eletrical signals going down a network cable.
They work in pairs. One at each end of the link. Used for example to connect the network in one building with the network in a another, in case you don't have ground cables connecting them.

A

archive10

From you other recent postings, you seem to desperately seek internet connection.
A dish like the one you're asking about will not give you internet connection in itself.
It's just a device that allows two network sites to connect. It's not about internet connection.

You need an internet provider, who will route your signals through to the internet.
Today this happens either from cables in the ground (DSL, Coax), or via sattelite.
But in all cases, you need a subscription with the internet provider.
For this you need a registered address and payment method (credit card) in a country where access to the services is available.
This may not be the case in your country, I'm afraid.

What I don't understand is: You seem to access this internet forum quite easily.
So what's the problem?
Are you trying to stream video from foreign web-sites?

antonio3245

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qbox
My Location
iran
From you other recent postings, you seem to desperately seek internet connection.
A dish like the one you're asking about will not give you internet connection in itself.
It's just a device that allows two network sites to connect. It's not about internet connection.

You need an internet provider, who will route your signals through to the internet.
Today this happens either from cables in the ground (DSL, Coax), or via sattelite.
But in all cases, you need a subscription with the internet provider.
For this you need a registered address and payment method (credit card) in a country where access to the services is available.
This may not be the case in your country, I'm afraid.

What I don't understand is: You seem to access this internet forum quite easily.
So what's the problem?
Are you trying to stream video from foreign web-sites?

and if i want avoid this connection, what i should do? if i use a jammer manually,
or use a radio side it? so it will not work anymore?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Or is it because it's a NATO base?

The OP's profile shows them to be in Iran, I think it might be unlikely that the dish is on a NATO base near to the OP unless he is close to the border and one of the neighbouring countries has a NATO base near to the Iran border :)