Watch Sky TV In Your Bedroom

woodychad

Reaction score
Please help

I would like to watch sky tv in my bedroom without having to have a second subscription to sky tv.
I know there is a report by Brian McGregor that tells you how to do this but IT COSTS.
Can any one help PLEASE
Thanks
:)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Do you mean you just want to watch the same Sky channel in your bedroom as on the other room, or you want to be able to watch two different channels at the same time?

If you want to watch different channels at the same time then a second (mirror) sub is really your only option.

If you want to watch the same channel then you can either simply run a coax TV aerial cable from the digibox to your second room, or get a wireless ‘digisender’ type device that sends the sound and picture from the digibox to your second room. With the digisender option you can normally send remote control signals back to the digibox to change the channels etc, and with the coax aerial cable option you can get a device that lets you control the digibox from the second room.

Hope this helps, welcome to the forum. (I’ll move your thread to the appropriate section for you)

woodychad

Reaction score
I posted a message a while ago concerning watching sky tv in a second room ( Bedroom ) and have since gone through the archieves and found out that i need a quad LNB ( What is a LNB ? )
I have sky + fitted downstairs and i have a second digibox upstairs and all i want to do is to be able to watch sky upstairs without having to subscribe to sky again for a second subscription.
Do you need a viewing card in the second box upstairs?
Can i run a second cable from the mini dish outside to my box in the bedroom.
Any help would be appreciated

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have sky+, then the chances are that you will already have a quad LNB, although it could possibly be a twin. If it is a quad, then you simply need to run a cable of suitable quality to your second receiver.

The only way that you will be able to watch Sky subscription channels on the second box, is to either swap the card between the two, or get yourself a discounted second subscription.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
PoloMint said:
If you want to watch the same channel then you can either simply run a coax TV aerial cable from the digibox to your second room, or get a wireless ‘digisender’ type device that sends the sound and picture from the digibox to your second room. With the digisender option you can normally send remote control signals back to the digibox to change the channels etc, and with the coax aerial cable option you can get a device that lets you control the digibox from the second room.

An alternative is to drill a hole in the floor/ceiling, somewhere above, but in view of the TV in the living room. The remote control should also work without wires.