Watching Encrypted Channels with SkyStar 2

issamh

Reaction score
Hi there...

Please I need your help , I need a program to Watch Encrypted Channels on Hotbird using Skystar 2 I am using DVBviewer Program .

please help me with this and I will be grateful for you

thanx..

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Forget DVBViewer. Get ProgDVB or MyTheatre V2.76.

Really.

adasil2002

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
Forget DVBViewer. Get ProgDVB or MyTheatre V2.76.

Really.
I am trying to configure my ProgDVB but still having problems with SoftCAM. I am trying to run Fun2MD as per TED suggestion, but keeps on giving me the following error: "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not currently registeres: a file is missing or invalid" with just OK button. What must I do, just to be able to decrypt Nagravision for now?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hi, I'm real busy at the moment, but read some of the other threads re. Y*nkse. The Big Ted stuff is a bit out of date now, if I remember correctly.

If you're still stuck tommorow, I'll sort you out.

STICK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
adasil2002 said:
I am trying to configure my ProgDVB but still having problems with SoftCAM. I am trying to run Fun2MD as per TED suggestion, but keeps on giving me the following error: "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not currently registeres: a file is missing or invalid" with just OK button. What must I do, just to be able to decrypt Nagravision for now?

Fun to MD is great for converting 6-in-1 #eeproms, but to be quite honest, most files have a softcamkey included, you might as well use that.

adasil2002

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Fun to MD is great for converting 6-in-1 #eeproms, but to be quite honest, most files have a softcamkey included, you might as well use that.
As I told you Rolf, I am very new in this. So, I dowloaded some SoftCAM from the Web and put them into ProgDVB folder but nothing changed - when I am running the progDVB Program, under Plugins Menu comes nothing (I do not know if should come) and I still can not watch/Listen encrypted channels (Nagravision). Can you forward to me (directelly) the needed files and where to put them (procedure do use them). FTA are ok.

Regards,

adasil2002

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
Hi, I'm real busy at the moment, but read some of the other threads re. Y*nkse. The Big Ted stuff is a bit out of date now, if I remember correctly.

If you're still stuck tommorow, I'll sort you out.

STICK
I'm still stuck... pls HELP

issamh

Reaction score
I download ProgDVB Then what I should do to see encrypted channels

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
OK People, here is a real quick guide.

Join T*ecutters den. Get the web address from Nobbly's Big Links section on this forum.
Download the latest S*ftcam.key file from mach1 in the S*ftcam section there. Don't rely on any old versions. The contents change regularly.

Download and install ProgDVB (latest version) from wVVw.progdvb.com, or MyTheatre V2.76 from wVVw.sat.joy.ro/download.html.

Extract the S*ftcam.key file into the ROOT directory of ProgDVB (i.e. C:\ProgDVB, unless you changed it at install time) or MyTheatre (C:\Program Files\MyTheatre - probably).

Ensure that (for ProgDV:cool: in the same place is a file called MDWrapper.dll. This is just a wrapper for any MD compliant plugins used with the viewer app. and will allow you to access its parameters from the app. menu. Not sure if it comes with the ProgDVB program, but I know it comes with the MyTheatre viewer (... and you select it at install time). In MyTheatre, it goes in the 'Plugins' subdirectory.

Then go to y*ankse.dvbnetwork.com and get the latest 'common' files for the Y*nkse plugin. Now off to wVVw.y*nkse.com and the the latest version of the plugin .dll itself. Place all the Y*nkse files in the root directory of ProgDVB, or for MyTheatre V2.76, put them all in the 'MDPlugins' subdirectory.

That will do it.

If you want to watch the S*ca2 broadcasts from S*y Italia on Hotbird 13E, the rip out the Y*nkse stuff above, and replace it with a single .dll file called S2emu.dll. It's available from T*es. Get the latest version (V1.04 last time I looked).

Y*nkse doesn't work with S2 at the moment.

Don't think I've missed anything!

Enjoy.

STICK

adasil2002

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
OK People, here is a real quick guide.

Join T*ecutters den. Get the web address from Nobbly's Big Links section on this forum.
Download the latest S*ftcam.key file from mach1 in the S*ftcam section there. Don't rely on any old versions. The contents change ......................................
STICK
Thank you very much for your pacient answer. Meanwhile, I tried to Join the T*ecutters den but their site keeps on telling "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.". I believe that you may be registered over there...can you forward both files (S*ftcam.key and S2emu.dll) to me? FOR NOW I AM MUCH INTERESTED IN NAGRAVISION, IRDETO2, CRYPTOWORK and POWERVU.

Regards,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If Toecutters Den is closed for new members, then try Dean's Place (in Nobblys SAT Forum List) for anything DVB card related see also http://www.sat.joy.ro and navigate to Downloads.

PS. Forget PowerVu, Cryptoworks, Irdeto2 and the New Nagravision.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
adasil2002 said:
Thank you very much for your pacient answer. Meanwhile, I tried to Join the T*ecutters den but their site keeps on telling "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.". I believe that you may be registered over there...can you forward both files (S*ftcam.key and S2emu.dll) to me? FOR NOW I AM MUCH INTERESTED IN NAGRAVISION, IRDETO2, CRYPTOWORK and POWERVU.

Regards,
See my PM.

adasil2002

Reaction score
Looks like I found something which added some items into my Plugins Sub-Menu. Should I set someting? can I find much higher version (Yankse) than 0.98? Thanks for all your help - tehre are some channels that do not open. Meanwhle, why should I always keep the "Setup4PC" running. As soon as I close it, the ProgDVB Stops too. Must I do something? My ProgDVB version is 4.26.4.

Regards,

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You're doing well, but the latest version of Y*nkse is 1.31.0.

Get it from wVVw.y*nkse.com.

Stop setup4pc running, by removing it from your Windows startup group.

adasil2002

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
You're doing well, but the latest version of Y*nkse is 1.31.0.

Get it from wVVw.y*nkse.com.

Stop setup4pc running, by removing it from your Windows startup group.
For those channels that come in RED (meaning there are coded) which do not play....when I open Plugins -> Yankse -> Show Monitor, comes a lot of Hexadecimal number at left botton of the 'dialog box' does it require my intervention, or I can not help at all? Is there something that I can do? It says that the System is Nagravision; key 00, etc....

Regards,

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No, nothing you can do other than plug keys into the s*ftcam. There is the potential of auto-update for keys on some N*gra channels, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to help you.

Looking through the S*ftcam file, the only 'extra' thing you are going to be able to open on the PAS 7/10 sats are the SABC channels (in N*gra) for which the keys should already be in your file (assuming you got the latest), but even those look like they haven't changed in over a year (since March 2003).

Welcome to our world!

adasil2002

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
No, nothing you can do other than plug keys into the s*ftcam. There is the potential of auto-update for keys on some N*gra channels, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to help you.

Looking through the S*ftcam file, the only 'extra' thing you are going to be able to open on the PAS 7/10 sats are the SABC channels (in N*gra) for which the keys should already be in your file (assuming you got the latest), but even those look like they haven't changed in over a year (since March 2003).

Welcome to our world!
Is there a way by which I can see the keys covered by my S*ftcam file?

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I imagine you could use one of the many editors out there or you could just open the file in notepad i guess. if you cannot get it to open in notepad just hold down the right ctrl key and right click over file and you should see the menu with "open with" just click that and choose notepad or wordpad.

I would just like to say that it is possible to have the y*nktze files in the same folder as the S2*mu.dll without any problems and you can have them both activated. You do not have to untick any of the plugins in order for it to work. Some s*ftcam files will work fine on se*a 2 and others will not just try different ones :)

adasil2002

Reaction score
s*t*a*r*m*a*n said:
I imagine you could use one of the many editors out there or you could just open the file in notepad i guess. if you cannot get it to open in notepad just hold down the right ctrl key and right click over file and you should see the menu with "open with" just click that and choose notepad or wordpad.

I would just like to say that it is possible to have the y*nktze files in the same folder as the S2*mu.dll without any problems and you can have them both activated. You do not have to untick any of the plugins in order for it to work. Some s*ftcam files will work fine on se*a 2 and others will not just try different ones :)
Thank you very much STARMAN. I should tell BGONNASTICK that I will be very happy if I can, at least, watch those SABC (Nagravision Encrypted) Channels. Up to now, the only step forward I had, is being able to have YANKSE under the PlugINS Sub-Menu. As far I could check (LyngSat), those other channels on PAS7/10 that ProgDVB detect as Encrypted, are open. So, I am still checking around to find some ?S*ftcam? or whatever which will allow me to watch those channels (will be like a million dolar gift :) ).

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
adasil2002 said:
Thank you very much STARMAN. I should tell BGONNASTICK that I will be very happy if I can, at least, watch those SABC (Nagravision Encrypted) Channels. Up to now, the only step forward I had, is being able to have YANKSE under the PlugINS Sub-Menu. As far I could check (LyngSat), those other channels on PAS7/10 that ProgDVB detect as Encrypted, are open. So, I am still checking around to find some ?S*ftcam? or whatever which will allow me to watch those channels (will be like a million dolar gift :) ).
Go here :- http://dvb.lv/index.php?showfilesfordate=All
http://dvb.lv
and look for a file called Softcamkey 29-07-2004.zip posted by kaptan on the 29th July. It has your s*ftcam, and includes the codes for SABC.

You can Palpal me the million dollars when you have it :)