Watching NBA basketball live on pc?

andyg0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky freesat
My Location
hampshire
Hi all,
Wasn't sure which category to post this on......

I have Sky freesat.

I am an avid NBA baketball fan and want to catch more than the one game a week being offered by Channel 5, i was looking at live streamed games from the U.S and saw a pc package call Satellite TV for PC and PPtv.us (plus millions of others) does anyone know if these are worth the money/any good/work?

Thanks for any help.
Andy

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
They're normally rubbish.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Most of these streams can be found without paying anything, just takes a bit of searching, but as already said, the quality leaves something to be desired.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
For one thing - DO NOT PAY FOR NET STREAMS, they are freely avaliable and any attempt to make you pay is a scam. As others have said, the quality if lower (sometimes terrible) compared to tv, but for infrequent viewing (and considering its free), it ok generally. Looking for 'SopCast' should lead you in the right direction.

If you the ability to invest in proper equipment, live NBA coverage is widely avaliable on many pay tv service with English commentary included. Any know a good package for NBA? I'd suspect NOVA Greece, Digital+ Spain and Premiere Germany are good (due to high quality domestic competition in those countries) , but I really have no concrete idea on that.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laptop
My Location
UK, London
Go to _http://www1.myp2p.eu
it will show you all LIVE sports available on your PC.