Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Aha yes looks like it's one of the affected boxes - version number is 4F2103. The Sky thing says F21s are affected. So I hope they fix it soon :)
Hmm, those are pretty old boxes. Sorry, I thought you had a new black Sky+HD box.

wombat57

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Latvia
Aha I only got it a year or so ago. Didn't have an HD TV then (I do now) so would it be easy to get a new HD box?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
The HD boxes like the DRX890 are usually pretty cheap on a certain auction site these days, even new ones.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
So if this is the problem & you watch these either you need to move west a few hundred miles - or put a bigger dish up. (Although Sky Arts 2 wont be a problem much longer as its being closed down over the summer.)

Sky Arts 2 to close
29 April, 2015 | By Peter White

Sky is to merge its two arts channels and hand the newly created Sky Arts an improved slot on its EPG.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/sky-arts-2-to-close/5087113.article

The pay-TV operator is to close Sky Arts 2, which airs archive shows including Tales of the Unexpected and The Judy Garland Show along with a raft of classical music and opera concerts, from 9 June.

The channel entertained an all-hours average audience of 3,400 (0.04%) for the past twelve months, according to Barb data provided by overnights.tv.

It is the latest linear channel to be axed by Sky after the company revealed earlier this week that it planned to turn Sky 3D into an on-demand service.

Sky Arts 1, currently located at channel 129, will be renamed Sky Arts and move up to slot 121, on the third page of Sky’s EPG. Replacing general entertainment channel Sky 2, it will sit just below ITV4.

The broadcaster hopes that the move will boost the audience for original commissions such as Portrait Artist of the Year, The Great Culture Quiz, hosted by Anita Rani (pictured), and forthcoming competition Guitar Star.

It is also planning to improve Sky Art’s presence on its on-demand service to make it simpler for viewers to access its classical concerts, ballet and rock documentaries.

3D virtually gone in a few months what else will go in the coming months ?? in favour of PPV :eek:

wombat57

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Latvia
Update - well, the nice people at Sky gave me a new black HD box free! Seems to be fine now, although I have only had it in for half a day. However, the "catch up" service doesn't work - I'm guessing because it operates through the house wifi, which will be showing up a Latvian IP number? So BBC iPlayer etc recognises I'm not in the country? Any ideas, anyone?!

Thanks!

W57

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Update - well, the nice people at Sky gave me a new black HD box free! Seems to be fine now, although I have only had it in for half a day. However, the "catch up" service doesn't work - I'm guessing because it operates through the house wifi, which will be showing up a Latvian IP number? So BBC iPlayer etc recognises I'm not in the country? Any ideas, anyone?!

Thanks!

W57

You will need a UK vpn - the catch up services are geolocked to uk ip addresses.

wombat57

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Latvia
You will need a UK vpn - the catch up services are geolocked to uk ip addresses.

Thanks - that's roughly what I thought. But how do I get one onto the Sky box (it's the wifi in there which is involved, I imagine)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Normally you set one up on your router.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You normally set vpns up via the user interface when logged into the box via a browser. No doubt instructions will be found on google.