watching SKY on PC...not as easy as looks

rob1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ati all in wonder PC
sky dish
Hi guys,

In the past I've had some excellent advice from you lot. I want to watch SKY on my PC so I don't have to watch Big Brother with the Mrs.

Surely you can see my point?

So I took your advice, I swapped the LNB for a quad version. Fitted it, ran a cable to my PC. I've now purchased a 2nd digibox...and guess what. I've done the hard bit and can't figure how to get it connected!

My PC graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9800 All in wonder. It has 3 sockets, a co-ax (aeriel), a 7 pin VID In and a 10 pin Vid Out.

The digibox has scart connections. How do I get a picture on my monitor??? !!!

Do I need a scart to 10-pin??? I can't seem to find such a thing. Theres loads of leads with the graphics card but none seem any use...all s-video whatever that is.

Am I thick or what?
Please help me!!

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
you can connect the coax output of your digibox (output 1) to the aerial connection on your tv card, and then tune the card to the uhf frequency of the digibox. no scart needed.

rob1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ati all in wonder PC
sky dish
hi,

thanks for this. I have tried that set up, the Rf 'out' on digibox is a male type, and my co-ax is male to male as usual so I can't connect.

I've got a female connection from digibox, but that says 'aeriel in' so probably no good. When I connect to this theres a slight picture but nothing watchable....

....Hmmmm...is there such a thing as a coax male to femal adapter?

Thanks again
Robert

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Coax male-female leads cheap as chips - any DIY store, will have 'em.

Llew

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
rob1974 said:
....Hmmmm...is there such a thing as a coax male to femal adapter?
Yes, it's simply called a coupler. They are quite cheap - anything between 20p and £1 depending on how much greed factor the retailer wants.

You should get one from a TV or satellite shop. B&Q sell them and I suppose so do any of the large DIY retailers.

PaulR

Damn, beaten by Llew