Watching the Premeirship on a humax and other equipment?

yohomufc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
hi

i want to purchase a satellite system where you can watch football for free instead of paying bloody sky £40 a month and you dont even see games at 3pm,
do any of you no what equipment (i read somewhere that you need a humax 5400) i need and any installers out there, i live in mid-kent.

TIA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Although it is possible to view some premiere league football, it is not long term guaranteed and probably will not be the selection that you get on Sky. Do a forum search on football and you will come up with some links to what is available where and under what encryption. Afraid I can't help too much more, as i am not a great football fan.

bazzatips

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
there's lots of premiere league footy even more than s*y show,you need a motor on yer dish tho to get it all.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for that, bazzatips, shows how much football I watch:) Didn't think that there was as much as that available.

@ yohomufc, if you are looking to go the motorised route, then probably something like a Magic Module with a compatible receiver may be better than a Humax 5400, as it will decrypt conax channels as well and without using a season interface and emulator.

yohomufc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
alright cheers lads what equipment will i need then?

will i have to get a installer to set it up?

boysie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
all you need is any reciver that will read 6 in 1 cards,
a dish of at least 1m, a motor for dish, and a card programmer, and then go to nobblys link list for all your card programming needs! ;)

bazzatips

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont because the radio is about 5 seconds ahead of the game so you know whats going on before its happened and that spoils it for me,some channels have english commentary anyway like premmiere sport 1&2 just look at your audio menu

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
yohomufc, I bought a Humax motorized system just in time for the start of this season and I have not looked back.
I follow Arsenal, and have only missed 4 games all season, and that includes ALL games, home and away and all the cup competitions.
I have got a Humax 5400z patched, a v-box, 1.2m Channel Master dish and vx programmer.

pixey

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
yeah but pixey...looking at the last 4 letters of yoho's user name it looks like he supports a proper team :D MUFC

Lee

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Yeh Lee32uk, very funny.
And btw, I see old horse face has fell down in the penalty area again at trafford as I am typing, and lo and behold, ANOTHER penalty for the home team.

pixey

bazzatips

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
do i sense a bit of nerves in your message?you carnt complain about those penalties surely,they were both clean cut and rules are rules he had to go.anyway it makes the league more exiting dont ya think??

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs and I thought that this was a satellite forum. :D

yohomufc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
lads i have just got back from manch after watching the game right next to the tunnel.

great match, shame about the irish utd fans who were abit aggressive to say the least!

ive supported utd since i was 6! and i have relatives there!

still interested in the setup, might wait till august to see if it is still active for the new season!

anyone no where i should start (e.g. buy stuff first or contact a local installer?)

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
If your gonna buy your kit i recommend buying from Astratech.They are streets ahead of any satellite dealer, and there customer service is excellent :D
Ask anyone on Satdudez or Toecutters about them

www.satelliteonline.net

Lee

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Originally posted by pixey
Yeh Lee32uk, very funny.
And btw, I see old horse face has fell down in the penalty area again at trafford as I am typing, and lo and behold, ANOTHER penalty for the home team.

pixey

All square at the top now m8.....bet Mr Wenger has no finger nails left O-Ha Cant wait for the game at Highbury

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
I agree lee32uk, should be an excellent game.

pixey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They will sell smart cards and hobby programmers, as do one of the site advertisers Data Interfaces, and www.Divineo.co.uk who are personally recommended, as are www.satarmy.de.