Wavefrontier T90 + Invacom

Allen1066

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this site: http://www.neptunsat.com/se/catsearch.asp?mcmode=Digitala+paket&indx=0&back=true
Right at the bottom of this page is a T90 with 4 Invacom 0.3db LNBs + DiSEQ 4/1 switch all for 1799 SEK. Looking at the current rate of exchange that is about £132 which sounds like a bargin.

Can anyone comment on this ?

I emailed them about shipping to the UK and was tld it was about 100 Euros. Now why price the shipping in Euros if you sell in SEK ?

Any comments appreciated.

Allen

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well if you are going to trust this firm.......because of the exchange rate I would e-mail them again to get the full figure in Euros (Equipment + p&p)....In Greece three weeks ago I was getting just under 1.5 to the pound!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the dish certainly seems to be good value.

Allen1066

Reaction score
Rolfw, have you ever dealt with this firm, or heard about them from anyone ? It seems an ideal set-up for me, but I'm not sure about dealing with a firm in Sweden.

Also 100 Euros for shipping seems like a lot, what do you think ?

Allen

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it does sound a lot, but it will be a big package.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well lets put it this way....if the equipment was damaged or faulty on receipt, it's a bloody long way to take it back!

Allen1066

Reaction score
I've read quite a lot about these dishes and they seem like a great innovation. Are there any drawbacks you can think of. I'm new to this and don't want to waste my money.

My father inlaw has a motorised dish and I'm put off by the noise and time it takes to track to a different satellite. I realise you are limited by this system a bit more than a fully motorised one, but at the moment I can't imagine wanting to track down lots of different satellite. Of course that might change over time and I can always change later, but I wanted a fairly cheap whay of receiving several satellites such as Astra 2 and Hotbird.

Allen

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The T90 is somewhat bigger all round. Its designation is to the average size of dish it mimics from all positions

You will get a box nearly 4ft sqaure (and about 10 inches high) so £60 shipping isnt so bad.

If a 90 dish in all directions is Ok for you , then go for it .

Allen1066

Reaction score
I think the T90 will give me more options than the T55. I've got a space on the wll to mount it. I just hope the neighbours don't complain.

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Can highly recommend the T90 which I have had for 3 years now. With MTI blue line 0.6 it pulls in the signals better than my old 100 cm Triax with 4 Sharp 0.7 lnb's.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Triax have never been any high gain dishes really.

Neptunsat is placed in Sweden where i live and they are the official distributor for Wavefrontier in Sweden, see Wavefrontiers homepage.

I haven't bought anything from them but they should be alright.

Why don't you buy the dish from U.K?

Allen1066

Reaction score
Pligs76,
It's good to hear some positive feedback. I've still not placed an order yet, but I'm right on the verge of doing so. How difficult was it to set-up the LNBs ? Which satellites do you point to ?

Likvid,
The dish in the UK costs a lot more. Wavefront sell it direct from their website for £229 !

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Ouch!!

Why are you so expensive?

Just be sure you get the latest Wavefrontier with the elevation rod at the back which are much more stable.

Allen1066 said:
Pligs76,
Likvid,
The dish in the UK costs a lot more. Wavefront sell it direct from their website for £229 !

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Allen1066,

Sitting in the south of Germany I am getting 1W, 5E, 13E, 19E and 28E - and yes, I am getting all channels on 2D, even in heavy rain.

Not too difficult to install. With the help of this forum I got it right i.e.
1) Put 13E in the middle
2) Adjusted tilt and skew according my location (table included the T90)
3) Homed in for best possible signal on 13E
4) Mounted remaining LNB's on the bar according to the table in the T90 manual.

BTW if you search, you will find alot of good information on the topic here in this forum.

Have fun.

Pligs76

Allen1066

Reaction score
The advert says that it's the new model, so I would hope this is the one with the elevation rod. Is there any way of telling from the picture ?

Allen

Allen1066

Reaction score
There are 2 on eBay. This one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5719744523&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT and this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5718788375&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT one.

Although the second one has sold, I emailed the seller and pointed me to thier website at http://www.techno-com.de/shop/. This one definitely looks like the new version, but the first one is probably the old version.

However, the first one comes with 4 LNBs, a switch, and a wall mount. Is it worth going for this one with all the extras, or would it be better to get the new version and buy the other bits seperately ?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The cost of the switch and LNBs is small compared tot he dish and delivery. The first link shows the Grindig 0.7dB LNbs which are OK, but nothing special. If you are looking for the weaker transponders on one satellite, its definitely worth upgrading these by use of a 0.5dB CalAmp or similar

Allen1066

Reaction score
So would you go for the newer dish and buy your own LNBs, switch and mounting bracket ? Do you need special LNBs ?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
anything with a 40mm clamp is ok (i think most accessory packs have the 20mm conversion)

go for the lot and then substitute for a better lnb if you are not getting certain channels

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
The new Wavefrontier T90 looks like this, the new is more stable and got a elevation rod.

T90-3.gif

T90-2.gif

You need a 60mm pipe, but you get the wallmount included in the package so no need to worry about that.