Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Just wondering if there is going to be another raffle anytime soon, even though i didnt win the MP3 player last time :-bash
Was the last one a success for the board ?

Cheers
Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think so Lee, Chris would know better, but I would very much doubt whether it covered it's cost, particularly if you remove the generosity of one particular member.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Ok thx for reply rolfw

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
The raffle did not cover the cost of the DVD player , and the idea of the raffle was to try generate some cash to help support the site.

I may run more raffles but not at the moment.

Chris

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
OK sounds good to me, can we have some suggestions on what the prize should be, then we will run the poll.

chris.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I've got a couple of Skystar 2 DVB cards that we can use, they only retail at £50 or so, but they are now "very useful" :)

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Sheesh,

I'm not starting it, err no I will then...

1. Sat related prize
2. PC related prize
3. Err one of those electric scooters (not really)
4. Oh now then, one years subscription to Horse and Hounds.....

Shit, anything man. Any prize is good as long as we get a feel for from members what's on their wish list....

5. I lied about 4

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Originally posted by chris
The raffle did not cover the cost of the DVD player , and the idea of the raffle was to try generate some cash to help support the site.

I may run more raffles but not at the moment.

Chris

Chris..... I know you won't say how much it costs to run this site, but how much would need to cover the running of the site for one year roughly. Would it be 100s......1000s so just two answers to choose from and we will have some idea of what it takes.

B.T.W. count me in for the next raffle and why not make it £20 a go, but not so close to Xmas this time.

And hurry Because I will be on the dole soon, after 20 years of putting the fig in the figroll it's time to move on.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Hi Razor, all i will say is that the web site runs on a cobalt RaQ 4 512 server so with a little investigation you can narrow it down for yourself. I've tried running it on the smaller RaQ servers but the additional bandwidth costs each month end up costing me more than this server.

Not sure if people would pay £20 for a raffle ticket, i think that one of the reasons the last raffle did so poor was the ticket price of £5.

I do appreciate all donations to help support the site , but the main reason i provide this site is to give me the opportunity to play with web design, HTML , CGI, PHP & MySQL.