RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
well we have won a trophy, cool :)

better than most teams eh.... at least the seasons not a total waste of time.

ive got the feel good factor :)

feel sorry for wigan really, didnt deserve a 4 nil thrashing, cos they have worked very hard and deserve a lot of respect.

they have more than filled the ambition of the wigan fans... most of them were expecting to be automatic choice for relegation etc.

but they suprised a few people.. me included!! thats good for the game.

good luck to em.

if there opponents had been any other team but mine... i would have been right behind them.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Well said Red:)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
was a good match i had to watch a web stream though as my sat box messed up

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Good game, shame wigan didt win.. well done united... Watched on DSF (sport) 19e FTA

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Yes, was a good attacking game. Wigan, what can I say they exceeded all expectations and they were punching above their weight, but they are a nice team to watch.
And for us reds, nice to get something, I just wish we had those two players we need in midfield so next season will be really good!

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
and rooneys first goal was a good old fashioned type centre forwards goal..pure genius!!!!!

TWAG

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
P.S I watched it on ERi TV, had english audio. At half time they had news and some music, and after the game they showed the whole ceremony. Good station, this!

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i watched it on that channel as well.they were showing some old yankee crime movie before it in english as well.might have to stop by there a couple of times and see what else theve got on offer.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Well at least Man Utd will be in the uefa cup, if not anything else, Your day has passed red devils!!!! No more are you best. You need rid of rudolf the red nosed raindeer!

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
They used to send their reserves out for that one.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
AlexBellisBrown said:
Well at least Man Utd will be in the uefa cup, if not anything else, Your day has passed red devils!!!! No more are you best. You need rid of rudolf the red nosed raindeer!
And what, replace him with big Baloo?? No thanks. We will see in two years.

If you look at it in a cold manner without the rivalry and banter it does not look bad at all:

Looking at it, we got the best attacking players, no doubt about that. Rooney, Ruud, Saha and Rossi, not many clubs have a quartet like that, Chelski have'n got it, and Liverpool - don't make me laugh. There are players like Henry or Drogba who are not bad, but realistically no club in England has the overall quality of those 4, 2 of which have a long future in front of them. (Maybe Smith as backup if he comes back, and ole for a year or two)

Defensively you are looking at the 3/4 of current England back 4 + Argentinas finest. Not to speak of Vidic, who knows what he is going to be - too early to say. (Squad players: Evra, fortune, Oshea, Bardsly (who I think is going to be great!)

So all that is needed is to sort out the midfield. From the 4 midfield positions Park and Ronaldo are not a bad couple for left and right, especially if Ronaldo is going to continue producing like he did in the last few games.
Richardson, Giggs and Evra are still in the squad. So there are two positions to sort out: Defensive midfield player and creative player. If those are bought in the summer, I cant see any more problems. (Smith/Fletcher as cover)

So I think all those Manchester haters who think it's all over just wait and see. I think our squad is much better than the results. And we are still 2cd in the league.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
why does everyone think the bubbles burst at United???
OK they are not playing there best, but do away with Billionairs Chelsea... and United are top of the league, and look like getting another title.

Chelsea is the only thing that has changed, they have raised the bar.

United didnt take the League cup as serious in the past, but what do you do... if your team is out of the Champions league and had no chance of winning the title???

its going to be the same next year too.
the league now is a case of who will finish second!!

the league is tied up for as long as Chelsea want it.

so in this new era, i am taking the Carling Cup as success :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yep, team rivalry aside, you're spot on. You have to redefine success. Cups are always tricky (and therefore a bonus), so it's nice to win one.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
the bubble hasnt burst at old trafford just needs re-inflating a bit.everyone needs to go through a rebuilding phase.happened to the scousers when they thought they were unbeatable.after '99 there wasnt much else to be done at old trafford but think of the future,even if it means sitting back a bit.at least united try to win things on the pitch and not in the bank,like the russians are doing with chelsea

TWAG

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
i am no man utd fan , and agree what youre saying about chelsea, but dont forget what do you think the glaziers are in town for , its certainly not for the love of english footie or man united , dont be fooled by those three wise monkeeys sitting their on sunday

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
i almost forgot , great decision to leave out van horsie , well done ferguson you know youre horse racing well , the going was to soft lol, ps just fun lads , at least they closed the roof this time,

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
T_G said:
Looking at it, we got the best attacking players, no doubt about that. Rooney, Ruud, Saha and Rossi, not many clubs have a quartet like that, Chelski have'n got it, and Liverpool - don't make me laugh.

Funny thing is u actually belive u have the best strike force,,,rudolf on way out,,rossi just a kid so theres 1 good striker and one half decent one...so u sayin Drogba,Gudjohnsen and Crespo are rubbish??? proven top internationals...Liverpool i have to agree need help but once they do,,theres 2nd place sorted for a few seasons

T_G said:
Defensively you are looking at the 3/4 of current England back 4 + Argentinas finest.

...Terry,Woodgate,Carrager,Cole,Cambell,Bridge should all be in there before neville and Donkey...just my opinion,,Wes Brown is probably best u got and is getting better i have to agree...:-bash top and bottom of it is Chelsea zoomed away and Man Utd just havent got half the squad they used to have its just a normal with a few world class players stuck in,,,same as liverpool,,same as arsenal..then the rest playin catch up to them..

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
mick32 said:
Funny thing is u actually belive u have the best strike force,,,rudolf on way out,,rossi just a kid so theres 1 good striker and one half decent one...so u sayin Drogba,Gudjohnsen and Crespo are rubbish??? proven top internationals...Liverpool i have to agree need help but once they do,,theres 2nd place sorted for a few seasons

...Terry,Woodgate,Carrager,Cole,Cambell,Bridge should all be in there before neville and Donkey...just my opinion,,Wes Brown is probably best u got and is getting better i have to agree...:-bash top and bottom of it is Chelsea zoomed away and Man Utd just havent got half the squad they used to have its just a normal with a few world class players stuck in,,,same as liverpool,,same as arsenal..then the rest playin catch up to them..

I said to begin with - without the usual crap club based banter, ok? If I wanted the normal boring football site meaningless back and forth between two sets of opposing fans then I would go and post in some of those boring sites. So, next time read, think first and then answer.

I was trying to make an observation based on relative facts. I suppose you don't think so, but the point I was making is that Manchester United are not that far away from being championship material.
I did not say anybody in perticular was "rubbish", and you don't know who is on his way out or not. Coming to think of it, there is more chance of Crespo leaving Chelsea than any of the main United players, but that is beside it.

Woodgate, Cole and Campbell are currently not even sure to go because of injuries and form, and the fact is that for the next Worldcup game (if there are no injuries etc.) the back 4 are going to be Neville, Rio, Brown (or Carragher), Terry. Any other combination would really surprise me.

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
Manu were the richest and greatest club in europe they were feared. Real Madrid are the richest now with a 40% increase in turnover a lot of it down to one man who I admire. But he fell out with Fergie like others, well, who got it wrong? May be Time to put the old man to bed.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
frund said:
Manu were the richest and greatest club in europe they were feared. Real Madrid are the richest now with a 40% increase in turnover a lot of it down to one man who I admire. But he fell out with Fergie like others, well, who got it wrong? May be Time to put the old man to bed.

Manu were feared not because they were rich but because they were winning stuff. I did read about the Real turnover thing, but from what I understand their larger turnover does not automatically produce better profit. For instance they do more turnover on shirts (and Beckham does help there) but they got a different deal than MU. They have to buy the shirts themselves, whereby Manchester has less turnover on the shirts but no expenses either. Secondly, to compare Real to Manchester is strange becuse they were in deep deep shit until they were bailed out by the town, and all their 100 mill + debt written off. Manchester, well it is now in the hands of the Glazer, don't know what that will lead to...but saying who is richer or makes more turnover is meaningless.

And finally: I think to keep a player just becuse he sells shirts is not what I would like for my club, honestly. The club is always bigger, and I think the 25 mill Real paid for him were a fair price for a 28 year old. And since he moved he did have a patchy time, a lot of injuries. As much as I like him, his best time was already in the past. And since he came to Madrid they hgave won nothing, so they can keep their shirt sales and their old and ageing Galalkticos who cost a fortune ang produce nothing. Now their president has resigned as well, 6 coaches in 3 years oh dear oh dear. So in my book the sale of Becks was the right thing. Same as the sale of anybody who steps out of line, no matter how good he is.