Weak tuner problem

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
As is common wisdom, the Dreambox tuner is not a really good one. I read in the IHAD site in this thread

that there is a cure of some of the problems, by fitting a "Satentzerrer" , ie sat equalizer also called a "Sat-Slope" see here for picture here

Then someone mentiones a "Pegelsteller", this is something like Level Adjuster or Level Setter, and both these fitted solves a lot of the problems with dreambox , especially in low frequencies.

Can anybody tell me what these are? The good men from IHAD do seem to think it is a good thing to fit, and for a very reasonable price as well...

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
This "Satentzerrer" looks like an inline amplifier to me,in that case I don't think will it help you at all!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
T_G said:
As is common wisdom, the Dreambox tuner is not a really good one. I read in the IHAD site in this thread

that there is a cure of some of the problems, by fitting a "Satentzerrer" , ie sat equalizer also called a "Sat-Slope" see here for picture here

Then someone mentiones a "Pegelsteller", this is something like Level Adjuster or Level Setter, and both these fitted solves a lot of the problems with dreambox , especially in low frequencies.

Can anybody tell me what these are? The good men from IHAD do seem to think it is a good thing to fit, and for a very reasonable price as well...

Hi T-G

If my memory is correct, yes it is an equaliser - but won't boost signals like a line amp.

It's normally fitted when strong low-freqency signals swamp the tuner, and give a similar effect on the reception to weak ones.

It simply 'levels' (in theory) the 950 -2150 MHz bandwidth received from your LNB. ('levelling up' the HF, and 'levelling down' the LF).

It might improve the DB tuner LF performance though, if indeed it is a problem in that area.

Llew