weaker BBC signal ?

bodge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
indios_se said:
i'll try to find out tomorrow, but sky have told a few people already, its just problems they are looking at fixing, im certainly not having any problems here
Where abouts in Sweden are you ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its noithing to do with Sky - the BBC contract their transponders directly from SES-Astra.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
As the BBC is still received on their digiboxes people phone Sky and they tell them they are working on the problem - when, the fact is, you're perfectly correct they have noting to do with the BBC transmissions.

I'm sure Astra will move the BBC problem channels to another transponder if the problems continue - this should be seamless to the users.

Remember in the old analogue days Sky were transmitting a screen full of channels from Astra as part of the sales drive. Included were Eurosport, Cartoon Network, TCM etc. At that time these channels were FTA and had nothing to do with Sky. A few phone calls and they dissappeared from the promo!

Amazing how many people think all satellite TV is run by Sky. (including Sky employees)

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
I'm sure Astra will move the BBC problem channels to another transponder if >the problems continue - this should be seamless to the users.

i tell you it wouldnt be a merry xmas for everyone in sweden if they moved them to a vertical transponder..

JayX

Reaction score
gameboy said:
Remember in the old analogue days Sky were transmitting a screen full of channels from Astra as part of the sales drive. Included were Eurosport, Cartoon Network, TCM etc. At that time these channels were FTA and had nothing to do with Sky. A few phone calls and they dissappeared from the promo!
all the promo packing and adverts i saw when we first got sky (back around 90 i think, maybe a bit before) had the disney channel logo on them. only took another 10 odd years for it to arrive :p ah bliss, i need to dig out some old tapes and find some sky movies promos.. the Yazz one was always a favorite :) (the idents on tv ark are ok, but i'm sure i have better quality ones around the place...somewhere...)