Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Web site design change:

OK so you've all seen the new web site skin by now, so it time to share you views. (if not click here to view the new skin)

You can select your own default skin here, Then scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see "Forum Skin" Select "Classic Grey or Surge" from the drop down menu, then click "Save Changes" Your default style is now set for ever.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Added another option there Chris, I like them both and it is nice to switch between the two for a change every now and then.

I do find that the surge version is not great when I'm not wearing my glasses though as the reds and blues seem to merge with the background.

Both great though. :)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I quite like the Surge Skin, especially now it says satellites uk rather than surge.

One suggestion however, as rolf says some of the colours are a bit hard to read, especially (for me anyway) the member names are very hard to make out against the background, in both the currently active users bit on the forum homepage and in actual threads. Could they be made to stand out more, like they do in the today’s birthday bit, or is it unchangeable? Also there is no description of members (admin, mod, arcade bandit etc) on the forum homepage in surge.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I have to say that I find nothing better in the new style and have changed back ASAP.

PaulR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ PoloMint, unfortunately the text colours are common to both styles, so it is a bit of a compromise, have tried to change them to suit both, but am unable to find a perfect solution, so have made it to favour the grey style as it suits my fellow blind oldies better. :D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I like the Classic Grey, but then I'm old and hate trying new things.

RC_Palmer

Reaction score
My Location
Midlands
Hi Chris,

I much prefer the new image against the old one...but bearing in mind we can still change the view think the new skin is a wise move, us oldies get older, and the new set come online...

I have a similar look on my own site called www.crapservice.co.uk but all my members do is complain )(-red :D

Richard

PS Chris Keep up the good work, and to Rolfw, your piggy aviator is a true classic !!!

RC_Palmer

Reaction score
My Location
Midlands
Chris,

Your signature at the bottom of your post on here has been driving me nuts all night...At last, and i'm guessing now...it's a quote by Bruce Willis in Die hard!!! :D

Richard

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
think i´d better visit the opticians, i have´nt noticed anything different!!!!!