Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Hello,

Do any of the Dreamboxes come with a web browser? IF not, how hard would it be to "install" a browser such as Galeon on a DB?

Anyone tried it?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Don't know about the Dreambox mkhu, but the Triple Dragon with the Turkey-Holland image includes the Apache browser.

I can access Apache with http:// 'my TD ip' but content still needs to be written by the team.

I've changed images since trying it, but presumably it still stands on my HD. Will try it again sometime to see if there has been any progress.

Llew

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mhku said:
Hello,

Do any of the Dreamboxes come with a web browser? IF not, how hard would it be to "install" a browser such as Galeon on a DB?

Anyone tried it?

There is an internet add on installer on the Trillium image Im Sure but cant remember if it does 500 box. When searching around will keep an eye out for you.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
cheers. It's not really that important but always fun to try :)

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
I've not tried them, but some tools to do internet surfing with tv/dreambox/remote are "web browser", "hdd internet browser", "dream browser" (you can find them for example on olmi.cz).
I read in other forums that surfing is not so comfortable: you've to use the remote, not support for keyboard.
So you can only click the links, not input text. So, you've to transfer from PC onto db the list of "favourites", and then pick them.
Also, web pages with java code can crash the application.
And of course, you've not antivirus on db, so it's better to surf in safe places....

Llew said:
I can access Apache with http:// 'my TD ip' but content still needs to be written by the team.
Llew
I think this is about to use the decoder as a web server, and surfing it from the connected PC. And this of course we've in our dreamboxes: with http://'my_DB_ip' we can do all the things of the remote from Internet Explorer or Firefox (Firefox is better, because can also play on pc the film you're looking at TV...)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I should have said that adding port 8080 to my IP address brings up the Apache server. Just using the IP address gives the 'cannot find server' page for some reason.

Llew