Wesley Snipes Jailed for 3 years!!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Hollywood actor Wesley Snipes has received a three-year prison sentence for tax offences. A federal judge handed down the maximum term requested by prosecutors - a year for each of Snipes's convictions of wilfully failing to file a tax return.

hes going to appeal.... no kidding LOL

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
I do hate to pay taxes)(-red

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Same here, but I guess that when you earn his sort of money, then you need to get someone to do your tax return. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
In the US you can literally get away with murder if you are rich and connected, but if you f*** about with the taxman you are going to jail. It must be said that compared to most of Europe the tax rates in the US are way lower than here, I would be happy to pay US rates...

betas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m orbit dish stab v motor technomate 1500 ci diablo t rex cas 3
My Location
yorkshire
there a cure everything but nothing for the love of money people forget cant take it with you

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, that's how they nabbed the notorious murderer and racketeer Al Capone (not that I'm comparing their professions) :-rofl2

Llew

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
An almost quote from Chaucer... :)

Send the accountant to Jail; he can't have been that naive not to have had one?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
hm,i dont belive,that taxes,makes high prices in every european country,here in austria we have 20% taxes,higher then in the uk with 17,5% ,but everthing,food and technical things are cheaper,that means that not everything autmaticly coats more,only when the taxes are higher,in a country!
the background behind the tax systems,and the prices,on a real consumer market,i dont realy understand

but i know one,we must do it like bill gates found a foundation,with a good target, bill gates spends a lot of money to fight a aganst cancer,i see in a telvision report,then you can earn millions after millions,and you dont have to pay any taxes!
same whould be also here,in europe!

but when you dont have the money,to build a foundation,you are the 2.best and always,have to pay...

hm,no snipes moves,in cinema,for the next upcoming years,thats real not good,maybe he makes a movie in his prsion cell,...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Turok said:
hm,i dont belive,that taxes,makes high prices in every european country,here in austria we have 20% taxes,higher then in the uk with 17,5% ,but everthing,food and technical things are cheaper,that means that not everything autmaticly coats more,only when the taxes are higher,in a country!
the background behind the tax systems,and the prices,on a real consumer market,i dont realy understand

but i know one,we must do it like bill gates found a foundation,with a good target, bill gates spends a lot of money to fight a aganst cancer,i see in a telvision report,then you can earn millions after millions,and you dont have to pay any taxes!
same whould be also here,in europe!

but when you dont have the money,to build a foundation,you are the 2.best and always,have to pay...

hm,no snipes moves,in cinema,for the next upcoming years,thats real not good,maybe he makes a movie in his prsion cell,...

It is the VAT rate we pay on goods that is 17.5% but tax you pay on your earnings is different depending on the amount you earn.

Mr Snipes should be ashamed with himself as was Ken Dodd for doing the same thing and also ending up doing time

GUNERDOO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows Vista
My Location
The North
I believe Lester Piggot and Ken Dodd have sent their Best Wishes ?

And Josef Locke from The Happy Hunting Ground ?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Errrrrm

Ken Dodd was found not guilty. The other two weren't.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PaulR said:
Errrrrm

Ken Dodd was found not guilty. The other two weren't.

Well I take it back, how right you are Paul, that is strange as I can actually remember the news reports back in 1989 but if you Google it the only thing I can find is that he was acquitted in 2008, yet when I last saw his show not that many years ago he made a couple of references to it!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oh yes, there were many comments at the time and Doddy himself made comments about it at the time, he used it in his "An Audience With..." appearance, although I can't remember exactly how.

What I do remember is the joke that went around afterwards that he now had two more Diddy men - Diddy Pay and Diddy Hell.

Allegedly...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PaulR said:
What I do remember is the joke that went around afterwards that he now had two more Diddy men - Diddy Pay and Diddy Hell.

Allegedly...
Yes indeed that is word for word one of the quips from his roadshow

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Another rich celebrity tries to avoid paying their taxes, whoop-dee-doo... :rolleyes:

It does bug me though that they think they can get away with it because they have loads of money, yet in the end, they're going to do time... :rolleyes:

Lester Piggott

Avoid tax, don't evade it.
Reaction score
Website
www.mamsters.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Fast processor PC

Skystar 2 and 1.2m motorised dish for racing channels. Not much success so far though.
My Location
Lingfield
I think it's most unfair, it was probably only an oversight. ;) :-rofl2

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Interesting Toppper, the more I think about it the more I feel sure that it was attributed at the time to Stan Boardman. Doddy made an oblique reference to it the "Audience with".

Lester - Nice to hear from you again. Always interesting to hear a different point of view.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Lester Piggott said:
I think it's most unfair, it was probably only an oversight. ;) :-rofl2

More like blinkered vision I suspect

PaulR said:
Interesting Toppper, the more I think about it the more I feel sure that it was attributed at the time to Stan Boardman. Doddy made an oblique reference to it the "Audience with".

Well I took my wife and my mum a couple of years ago to see him in Blackpool and he most definitely quoted that word for word, in fact I'll have a look as I know I posted on the forum about the show as it went on until 1.00am, he didn't want to go off stage :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
PaulR said:
Lester - Nice to hear from you again. Always interesting to hear a different point of view.

I recall the original Luck and Flaw Spitting Image quip
'And he is on the inside........., and he is still on the inside'. :p