west1 Q

paddy22

Reaction score
from reading posts in the other sections I gather the ppv was down on W1, it's still down for me. As some of the other posts have indicated they now have updated keys, what happens for ss2 users, will an update eventually come out?

I'm new and just wanted to know how this usually works as this is the first it's happened in my very limited experience.

thanks for the patience and if I've posted this in the wrong section, apologies all round, where should I post it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It happens every couple of weeks and the new version normally takes a few days.

paddy22

Reaction score
Cheers Rolfw, now I know why so many mention they are recording loads of stuff, for the lean times.
Is there anything worth watching elsewhere?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, Hotbird, Sky Italia.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't bother, it's history.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
....But hey! C*nax is back!

Keyset21 available now. Go get it.

I love those guys. Just when it all seems gloomy, there is always some light at the end of the tunnel.

paddy22

Reaction score
sorry m8 can u explain, is keyset21 a new softcam key? scuse the ingorance

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Telenor switch between key 20 and key 21, changing them each time, and in recent weeks have been changing every other Tuesday.

They have just switched to a new key 21 (from an old key 20), but it has been made public already.

You may see one or both lines in your softc*m file, but only the current key will decrypt the signal.

Either get a new, updated softc*m file, or get the plain text key and edit the softc*m yourself.
Make one typo though, and it won't work.

I can't tell you exactly where to get the keys, but search the big forums and you will find it.

paddy22

Reaction score
Cheers man already picked up the txt file, but have not been able to locate the updated softc*m key file so I'll have a crack at editing the one I have, nothing to loose and it'll be a learning experience. thanks for the reply

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
S*y Italia is back on, but it looks like some new transponder settings will be required, and a rescan may be the easiest way to go after that. I'm still fiddling with it, but a straight rescan has not picked everything up.

paddy22

Reaction score
Is there a tutorial for updating a softc*m key, been to Toes and they seem to say they have one, but I can't tell if it's a wind up, or what. Cannot find it anyway!! from what I've read I am required to load existing key file in a util (which one?) then simply cut and paste the new keys into this and save. am I on the right lines or simply loosing the few strands of grey hair I have left, appreciate any aid and a bottle of greashian 2000.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL. You can either open the s*ftcam file with notepad and just paste the new key over the top of the old one (make sure you remove all spaces etc, and have it the same length) or use the utility that I posted in the utilities section of this forum.

Good luck.

paddy22

Reaction score
Ya a Hero, after reading the posts in toes on the tut I couldn't tell if they were taking the P or not (Still not too sure, lol), going shave it off, it's looking silly now, like a bust mattress (hair that is), what was the name of the util?

paddy22

Reaction score
Sorry M8 got it " Keymanager", should change the handle to baldy Klutz