1 reciever Dreambox 7000S
1 powercord
1 remote control
1 user's manual
2 batteries
2 hard disk mounting racks
1 IDE cable
1 molex powercord for the hard disk....

then, what all else do i need to buy in order to get (encoded channels) channels? Is there a list of things needed to buy anywhere?

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
A computer with internet access and a network card.
An ethernet cable (crossed-over if not through a hub)
A Null Modem Cable (25 pin to 9 pin)

touchingcloth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Butterbox said:
A computer with internet access and a network card.
An ethernet cable (crossed-over if not through a hub)
A Null Modem Cable (25 pin to 9 pin)

Will 9pin to 9 pin suffice? My pc only has 9 pin com ports

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
robbielove said:
If i buy a dreambox and get:

1 reciever Dreambox 7000S
1 powercord
1 remote control
1 user's manual
2 batteries
2 hard disk mounting racks
1 IDE cable
1 molex powercord for the hard disk....

then, what all else do i need to buy in order to get (encoded channels) channels? Is there a list of things needed to buy anywhere?

My 7000S, out of a box unopened since it left manu,f did not contain a manual, so I recommend you download a copy of the English version and print it and read it a few times before the box arrives.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
touchingcloth said:
Will 9pin to 9 pin suffice? My pc only has 9 pin com ports
A 9 to 9 serial port null modem cable will suffice and I am a great believer in that connection rather than a fast ethernet because it slows you down and makes you think. I recall the w/e I flashed like a brainless maniac using cat5 and then threw the cable away and went slow and steady.

As far as your final question in your first post is concerned, everything you need to know about clearing the black screen is contained in posts in this forum. Its all there to be read and it's even best if you bang your head a day or two rather than be spoonfed. Like for example:
check DB works out of box with default settings/download image like Hydra/erase old image/flash new image/flash erase/enter IP settings/scan for channels/download a couple more s-cams using blue or green button/download keys same way/off you go.

To be self sufficient, you will need an internet connexion to DB to keep up with keys. Thats a cat5 cable but lay off the flashing with it.

touchingcloth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
haggard said:
A 9 to 9 serial port null modem cable will suffice and I am a great believer in that connection rather than a fast ethernet because it slows you down and makes you think. I recall the w/e I flashed like a brainless maniac using cat5 and then threw the cable away and went slow and steady.

As far as your final question in your first post is concerned, everything you need to know about clearing the black screen is contained in posts in this forum. Its all there to be read and it's even best if you bang your head a day or two rather than be spoonfed. Like for example:
check DB works out of box with default settings/download image like Hydra/erase old image/flash new image/flash erase/enter IP settings/scan for channels/download a couple more s-cams using blue or green button/download keys same way/off you go.

To be self sufficient, you will need an internet connexion to DB to keep up with keys. Thats a cat5 cable but lay off the flashing with it.

Thanks Haggeard for your prompt reply...I'm tearing my hair out on the flash erase part!!!! I can't find any post with anyone else having the same problem!
My DB just doesn't show the message! All I get is the logo

Any ideas please?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
When you reboot, hold the 'channel up' button in until the LCD displays 'Flash Erase', then let go.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
touchingcloth said:
Thanks Haggeard for your prompt reply...I'm tearing my hair out on the flash erase part!!!! I can't find any post with anyone else having the same problem!
My DB just doesn't show the message! All I get is the logo

Any ideas please?

If you d/load flash wizzard pro 4.0 and load your image you dont have to do a flash erase as this programme does it for you. Very quick as well and it wont load any errors either. tried it yesterday and it worked fine. If only I used it when I started out I said to myself. Read T_G tread about it.