What Are Softcam Keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Pee

Reaction score
What exactly are Softcam keys and how are they loaded or keyed on to a cam or receiver? Do they work as the ordinary keys we use the remote control to input? I am a novice here plse help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They are just a group of keys which have been laid out to work with the various software CAMs, they can be edited using a text editor, or individual keys taken out and entered onto your CAM or receiver by remote.

Alan Pee

Reaction score
rolfw said:
They are just a group of keys which have been laid out to work with the various software CAMs, they can be edited using a text editor, or individual keys taken out and entered onto your CAM or receiver by remote.
How do I get the text editor or use it? I downloaded some softcam keys for MR from Funfiles but all I can see is a diagram of blocks and not figures. I hear they are easier and more accurate than the physical keys. How can I load them on to my CAM. Plse help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are looking to load them on your cam, then go for the individual key sets, you can get them from RDI or Laurals (beware popups) and enter them via the remote.

cjavak

Reaction score
Please send me loader of technosat6000plus.

Copecchia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multi-LNB (Astra 28.2 - Hotbird 13E) + Generic Dual Tuner, 10000 Channels HD Sat Decoder
Self Built Phenom II (Quad 3.1Ghz CPU) 8GB RAM, 256GB Kingston SDD, Radeon HD7450 1GB
My Location
South-West London
Sorry to reply in this very old post which I ended up to as looking for similar info.
Is there a dependancy between the softcam keys and an actual working c-line ?
Say c-line is working but cam are not updated, would channels still be decrypted?
Other way around, Softcam lines updated but no cccam, would these still decrypt channels?

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Sorry we cannot help on illegal use of card sharing.

Copecchia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multi-LNB (Astra 28.2 - Hotbird 13E) + Generic Dual Tuner, 10000 Channels HD Sat Decoder
Self Built Phenom II (Quad 3.1Ghz CPU) 8GB RAM, 256GB Kingston SDD, Radeon HD7450 1GB
My Location
South-West London
Sorry we cannot help on illegal use of card sharing.
That is not what I asked but your site here and this thread in particular is referring to an activity that in your view should also be illegal. I was only asking for a clarification not a way to accomplish this.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
That is not what I asked but your site here and this thread in particular is referring to an activity that in your view should also be illegal. I was only asking for a clarification not a way to accomplish this.
All methods of unauthorised viewing of TV channels are illegal, card sharing just happens to be the modern way instead of using keys. The servers are often run by criminal organisations and when subscriptions are purchased such as 'the gift' you are then at the mercy of the gangs as to whether you get value for money from payment. Better to purchase a genuine subscription with no glitches and downtime.

Thread closed to bury itself

Status
Not open for further replies.